Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
It’s like there’s a malach on call

Genius

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 12:06 pm
Ready to wake the baby every time mom considers to do something for herself (gasp!)
I thought about going to the shower, but before I had a chance to turn the tap, baby started wailing.
I want to brush my teeth, baby starts complaining.
I think about eating breakfast, baby wakes up suddenly and his screams are ear piercing.
I find it amusing.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 12:11 pm
Glad you're finding it amusing. I don't think I would! Smile
Sometimes you just gotta let the baby cry and do your thing. (of course after making sure baby is fed, changed and safe)

Genius

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 12:16 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
Glad you're finding it amusing. I don't think I would! Smile
Sometimes you just gotta let the baby cry and do your thing. (of course after making sure baby is fed, changed and safe)

I don’t always find it amusing, lol. Now that the house is quiet I have a chance to find the humor in the situation.
I let her cry when I must take care of the other kids so I try not to when I can technically pick her up.

momsrus

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 12:22 pm
Her or him lol. I’m confused.

Genius

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 12:25 pm
momsrus wrote:
Her or him lol. I’m confused.

I’d rather not say LOL

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 12:26 pm
Totally! I called it "baby radar". Literally every. single. time. I would pick up my fork, baby would cry. Even though she was calmly sleeping a minute ago! It got to be a joke between me and dh. And he'd say "Just eat, she's ok for a few minutes" but who can eat when baby is screaming and my nursing stations are exploding?

ShishKabob

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 12:38 pm
I think that if you repeat to yourself that the baby is ok, she's fine, he's taken care of, he/she will be very fine if I go take a shower or eat breakfast, I think it may pass along to the baby. I find that when we expect the baby to cry every time we want to do something, they actually comply! Smile

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 1:21 pm
We joke that our baby has a sensor that alerts her when we’re about to dtd. In the four months since she’s born she only slept through maybe two or three times! I say I don’t need bc if I have her LOL LOL

amother
Camellia

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 2:09 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
We joke that our baby has a sensor that alerts her when we’re about to dtd. In the four months since she’s born she only slept through maybe two or three times! I say I don’t need bc if I have her LOL LOL

I think they pick up on release of oxytocin. Plays a role in milk let down and a couple's physical relationship. Whenever I pumped my kids woke up within 5 minutes.

Genius

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 2:23 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
I think they pick up on release of oxytocin. Plays a role in milk let down and a couple's physical relationship. Whenever I pumped my kids woke up within 5 minutes.

Interesting. I knew milk letdown can happen when the baby cries. Never thought it works the other way around.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 3:09 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:

There’s no oxytocin yet. She doesn’t fall asleep when she knows it’s in plan. Like I said, a radar

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 10:14 pm
Segulah- whenever you say: "I want to lay down", The baby gets up!!!
This Segulah works well every time- Boduk Umenisah!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics