Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Healthier recipes for my schnitzel loving husband
Previous  1  2

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 3:10 pm
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
yeah that was me.

why wouldn't you?

I’m not a huge fan of quinoa and I like a crunch. I did like your idea of cooking it I’m the soup though and tried that- saved me a pot and gave it a nice taste.

Simple1

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 3:14 pm
Not sure how much better this is as I’m no health expert - but was thinking you can fry the schnitzel in a healthy oil such as avocado oil and drain on paper towels. I heard if the oil is hot enough, it absorbs less oil. I do know that olive oil is not good for frying.

amother
Ballota

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 3:29 pm
Mush thin chicken cutlets in mayo, dijon mustard, honey and garlic powder. Coat with cornflake crumbs mixed with sesame seeds. Put thin layer of oil in 9x13. Line up chicken neatly in pan. Spray generously with cooking spray. Bske uncovered 400 degrees for 22 minutes.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 4:06 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I’m not a huge fan of quinoa and I like a crunch. I did like your idea of cooking it I’m the soup though and tried that- saved me a pot and gave it a nice taste.

I actually make a pot dirty for it.

I put lets say 3/4 cup soup and a 1/2 cup quinoa..

I also miss the crunch.

I put it on 350 for 20-25 min open baked.

would covering for 20 min and then opening it for 10 min give it a crunch like someone suggested
or do I get more of a crust y completely open baking?

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 5:42 pm
amother [ Ballota ] wrote:
Mush thin chicken cutlets in mayo, dijon mustard, honey and garlic powder. Coat with cornflake crumbs mixed with sesame seeds. Put thin layer of oil in 9x13. Line up chicken neatly in pan. Spray generously with cooking spray. Bske uncovered 400 degrees for 22 minutes.

Use an egg or two egg whites instead of the mayo and skip the honey or use very little. Spray with cooking spray bottom of pan and top of cutlets, no need for even a thin layer of oil. Flip over halfway through. If you use a real pan instead of foil it'll crisp up better but you'll have a pan to wash Mad

mha3484

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 5:52 pm
We had tacos with ground dark turkey tonight. Was a nice change from ground beef.

livinginflatbus

Post Tue, May 24 2022, 6:47 pm
I love my Betty crocker and it really tastes fried.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics