Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
What went wrong in Texas?
  Previous  1  2  3 9 10  11  12  Next

number

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 10:45 am
So it turns out the 19 cops were standing around waiting for orders, because the dude in charge of giving orders decided they should wait it out, and the other higher ups were busy arguing with this dude. None of them had the guts to disobey direct orders and kill the gunman. Considering what cops have been put through lately, I don't know that I blame them. They'd have been held personally responsible for whatever happened because their supervisor said not to do anything.

number

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 10:48 am
ra_mom wrote:
Wall Street Journal posted

Uvalde Shooter Fired Outside School for 12 Minutes Before Entering

That's another huge failure on the school's part. They had no idea what was happening around the building.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 11:15 am
number wrote:
So it turns out the 19 cops were standing around waiting for orders, because the dude in charge of giving orders decided they should wait it out, and the other higher ups were busy arguing with this dude. None of them had the guts to disobey direct orders and kill the gunman. Considering what cops have been put through lately, I don't know that I blame them. They'd have been held personally responsible for whatever happened because their supervisor said not to do anything.

YES!

Democrats and FakeNews have declared War on Cops.

Had cops killed a "person of color" AGAINST ORDERS, they may gave faced life in prison and their family penniless.

Another fault of Evil Democrat Party.

gold21

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 11:18 am
DrMom wrote:
I think the police's ultra-slow reaction to this active shooter incident is one of the strongest cases for gun ownership I've seen lately.

Absolutely true

gold21

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 11:20 am
The complete absence of security personell on grounds and the complete failure of security personell brought in from the police department, is really the biggest takeaway in this terrible story, even more glaring than the fact that a madman was able to buy a gun.

If a group of armed parents had stormed the building, they may have been able to save the lives of some of the injured little ones who were instead left to die alone. If that realization isn't jarring, what is?

dancingqueen

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 1:48 pm
gold21 wrote:
The complete absence of security personell on grounds and the complete failure of security personell brought in from the police department, is really the biggest takeaway in this terrible story, even more glaring than the fact that a madman was able to buy a gun.

If a group of armed parents had stormed the building, they may have been able to save the lives of some of the injured little ones who were instead left to die alone. If that realization isn't jarring, what is?

Lots of things went wrong, including a teenage madman being able to legally buy rifles to go kill children. The fact is that there was armed security who wasn’t there so this wasn’t a “gun free zone” plus lots of parents and cops with guns and it still didn’t help.

monkeymamma

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 2:15 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Lots of things went wrong, including a teenage madman being able to legally buy rifles to go kill children. The fact is that there was armed security who wasn’t there so this wasn’t a “gun free zone” plus lots of parents and cops with guns and it still didn’t help.

Regarding the bolded, how did this teenager who was still in high school and living with his granparents have the thousands of dollars needed to get a gun and ammunition? On top of having his expensive truck and money for gas? Because we have women on this site complaining that basic things like food is expensive and not affordable anymore, not to mention prices for gas is skyrocketing so perhaps we can learn from this 18 year old on how to get thousands of dollars for luxurious extras such as guns and ammunitions which is not cheap. Anyone care to explain this?

#BestBubby

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 2:33 pm
dancingqueen wrote:

So you would be okay if the shooter used an ILLEGAL gun???

Stop Misleading that it is hard for a killer to get their hands on illegal guns and that
more gun laws would stop shootings. You already know this is False.

Also, this WAS a GUN FREE School. There was no Armed Security ever.

The fact that cops with Guns refused to help is an argument FOR WE THE PEOPLE
having guns and not depending on government that refuses to protect us!

And Government (cops) used their guns on PARENTS to stop them from rescuing
their children.

Really, all your arguments prove why We the People NEED GUNS.

DrMom

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:28 pm
monkeymamma wrote:
Regarding the bolded, how did this teenager who was still in high school and living with his granparents have the thousands of dollars needed to get a gun and ammunition? On top of having his expensive truck and money for gas? Because we have women on this site complaining that basic things like food is expensive and not affordable anymore, not to mention prices for gas is skyrocketing so perhaps we can learn from this 18 year old on how to get thousands of dollars for luxurious extras such as guns and ammunitions which is not cheap. Anyone care to explain this?

How much does a gun cost?

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:33 pm
DrMom wrote:

That kind of gun? @ 2k, plus ammo

Heyaaa

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:34 pm
DrMom wrote:

According to google 700-1200 for the gun. But I think he bought hundreds of rounds of ammunition and a bulletproof vest

number

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:37 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Also, this WAS a GUN FREE School. There was no Armed Security ever.
Everything that I’ve read says that there normally would have been an armed guard there.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 3:59 pm
number wrote:
Everything that I’ve read says that there normally would have been an armed guard there.

No. Uvalde Elementary School was a GUN FREE ZONE - a Democrat Idea.

See Article:

Another School Shooting in a Place where teachers and staff were banned from carrying guns: Robb Elementary School in the Uvalde, Texas https://crimeresearch.org/2022.....cisd/

gr82no

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 4:01 pm
I heard the shooters mother said I don’t know his reasons but he had his reasons so please forgive him . At least that’s what they translated it to. I don’t care what his reasons were there is no valid reason to kill 21 innocent people.

nosher

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 4:11 pm
Why didn’t the cops show up after he shot his grandmother and the neighbor called 911? Maybe they could have stopped him even before he reached the school.

Fox

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 4:18 pm
DrMom wrote:

The reports I've read say that the shooter had a total of $4K worth of weapons, ammo, and tactical gear. Which begs the question of how a fast food worker with an intermittent job history came up with $4K to plop down.

chestnut

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 4:19 pm
A teacher propped the back door open (no reason is mentioned so far) minutes before the gunman entered through it.

chestnut

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 4:20 pm
Fox wrote:
The reports I've read say that the shooter had a total of $4K worth of weapons, ammo, and tactical gear. Which begs the question of how a fast food worker with an intermittent job history came up with $4K to plop down.

For all we know he stole from his grandparents or someone else. I don't think it's the main question here.

monkeymamma

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 5:01 pm
chestnut wrote:
For all we know he stole from his grandparents or someone else. I don't think it's the main question here.

Why shouldnt we address the fact that he may have stolen money to get a gun? I also just heard that he didnt have a drivers license and stole his grandmothers car so if that is true then he clearly didnt care about the laws and was going to do whatever he wanted anyway. The fact that he bought a gun legally with stolen money then went to a gun free school zone where he wasnt authorized to have a gun and killed people which is also illegal says that he didnt care much about the laws and would have done it regardless (and he apparently had an illegal gun so either way he clearly didnt care much about the laws). How about we stop blaming guns and start blaming the criminals who break the laws like he did? Kinda like we dont blame the car if someone drives while intoxicated (which is against the law as well) and gets into a car accident and kills people when he shouldnt have been driving under the influence in the first place. Why is gun always the problem but not the car or the airplane or whatever weapon of choice people use to hurt others?

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, May 29 2022, 5:07 pm
[pic removed - please do not repost -mod]
Page 10 of 12   Previous  1  2  3 9 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics