Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Regular Pampers vs. Pampers Cruisers

MrsLeo

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 3:32 pm
What is the difference? How are the Cruisers better than the regular Pampers?
I'm using the Cruisers right now but they are SO expensive. Is it really worth the extra money?

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 3:49 pm
*shrug*

I never used cruisers, only baby dry, when I did get the brand name, and now I use the Walmart Brand...

mimsy7420

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 5:42 pm
Ah! we have to start posting in the toddler section now??

chaylizi

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 6:59 pm
I found that the baby dry leaked and also they were less stretchy. I do have to mention however that I havent tried using them since my oldest was a baby in 2003. so they could have changed them. when my next baby was born I used swaddlers and cruisers exclusively

justanothermother

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 7:20 pm
It depends on the shape of your baby. Some kids you can get away with using the less expensive type, other kids need the extra elasticity to make it fit properly.

MrsLeo

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 7:36 pm
I noticed the Cruisers have a mesh netting kind of thing and the absorbant material underneath it to keep the moisture away from the skin. Do the regular Pampers also have that or is this exclusively on the Cruisers?

Helani

Post Sat, May 17 2008, 9:34 pm
The mesh thing is on cruisers only. I found it helped on one kid who was prone to diaper rashes. they also worked better with dirty diapers that tended to leak through. But you got to try other brands. Now my baby is in Luvs and they work great.

YALT

Post Sat, May 17 2008, 9:49 pm
I changed to cruisers when DS' diapers started leaking. It worked great! But then ½ year later, it started leaking again, so I changed back to Baby-Dry.
I think it depends what stage he's at. If he's crawling, walking,.... I think it works best for when he's crawling, or even cruising, cuz of the way their legs are. But once they're walking properly, I think that's when we saw it wasn't working anymore.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sat, May 17 2008, 11:11 pm
You know, my dd (11 mos) who is crawling/cruising, has the leakiest messy diapers...even when I wouldn't think it would leak, it escapes out the top. Maybe I should try the cruisers...though I hate paying that price!

AGINY

Post Sat, May 17 2008, 11:18 pm
The cruisers are more absorbent, close better around the legs and will hold my two year old for a whole night. With regular pampers he soaks through to his undershirt and pjs.

MrsLeo

Post Sun, May 18 2008, 2:36 am
I really like that mesh thing and she is leaking a lot less than with the huggies and her diaper rash isnt coming back as bad so I think I'm just gonna stay with the Cruisers for now.

challi

Post Sun, May 18 2008, 11:52 am
I had a terrible experience with the cruisers, leaked everywhere, everytime I had to change my kids the mesh somehow stuck to their bottoms. Oh and I had to wake them in the middle of the night to change them otherwise by morning they were soaked. I switched to baby dry and everything stopped. Perrsonally I'm not sure the mesh actually does much, their bottoms are always super dry with the baby dry
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics