Home

Vermont isn’t working out, so onto the next…..UPDATE
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Vacation and Traveling


View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 12:22 pm
I wanted to go to Vermont for a week, but can’t find anything with a private pool. We have a teenaged daughter who won’t swim in a mixed pool, so we need something private.
I’m looking for one of two things
1) A hotel in Vermont that has two bedroom suites
Or
2) another idea for a place to go (not NH) that’s about 4-5 hours drive from the far rockaway area, with things to do within an hour or two driving of THAT place. Either a house with a private pool or a hotel with two bedroom suites.
Back to top

amother




Mulberry
 

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 12:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wanted to go to Vermont for a week, but can’t find anything with a private pool. We have a teenaged daughter who won’t swim in a mixed pool, so we need something private.
I’m looking for one of two things
1) A hotel in Vermont that has two bedroom suites
Or
2) another idea for a place to go (not NH) that’s about 4-5 hours drive from the far rockaway area, with things to do within an hour or two driving of THAT place. Either a house with a private pool or a hotel with two bedroom suites.

Following
Vermont didnt work out for us for different reasons, but we are also seeking a small villa/house with a private pool
I cannot seem to find!!!
Back to top

amother




Electricblue
 

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 12:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wanted to go to Vermont for a week, but can’t find anything with a private pool. We have a teenaged daughter who won’t swim in a mixed pool, so we need something private.
I’m looking for one of two things
1) A hotel in Vermont that has two bedroom suites
Or
2) another idea for a place to go (not NH) that’s about 4-5 hours drive from the far rockaway area, with things to do within an hour or two driving of THAT place. Either a house with a private pool or a hotel with two bedroom suites.
No ideas but I'm truly impressed of your daughter! Kol Hakavod!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 12:49 pm
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
No ideas but I'm truly impressed of your daughter! Kol Hakavod!

She’s a great girl :-) I’m not sure if it comes from her or from my husband not allowing it, but either way she doesn’t want to.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 12:51 pm
amother [ Mulberry ] wrote:
Following
Vermont didnt work out for us for different reasons, but we are also seeking a small villa/house with a private pool
I cannot seem to find!!!

If you find anything, please let me know
I can’t seem to find any houses anywhere with pools, except if we go south!! But we’ve done that so many times already. Also, we don’t want to drive far enough to actually be south enough, does that make sense?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 12:03 pm
Bumping, anyone have any suggestions?
Back to top

amother




Mulberry
 

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 12:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bumping, anyone have any suggestions?

if you dont need minyan during the week, I think there are some nice Airbnb rentals in PA
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 12:10 pm
amother [ Mulberry ] wrote:
if you dont need minyan during the week, I think there are some nice Airbnb rentals in PA

Are you able to point me in the direction of something with a private pool? I haven’t been able to find anything….
Back to top

amother




Mint
 

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:03 pm
I think you need to head to a southern state if you want to easily find something with a private pool. It needs to be worth the upkeep for a rental place to have a pool, and for at least half of the year, a pool wouldn't be usable in the NE region. There definitely are those with pools around, but it's not going to be as common as vacation rentals in year round warm climates.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:08 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I think you need to head to a southern state if you want to easily find something with a private pool. It needs to be worth the upkeep for a rental place to have a pool, and for at least half of the year, a pool wouldn't be usable in the NE region. There definitely are those with pools around, but it's not going to be as common as vacation rentals in year round warm climates.

I was hoping this wouldn’t be the case….ok, I’m going to have to figure out the Vermont option then. I guess a hotel would be better than a villa or resort type place, with a club house….
So if anyone knows of any hotels that have two bedroom suites, I’d appreciate the info. Thanks!!
Back to top

amother




Mint
 

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was hoping this wouldn’t be the case….ok, I’m going to have to figure out the Vermont option then. I guess a hotel would be better than a villa or resort type place, with a club house….
So if anyone knows of any hotels that have two bedroom suites, I’d appreciate the info. Thanks!!

It's been years since I was in VT, so I don't know hotels there. However, if you are looking for a hotel with suites, google for Hampton Inn & Suites, or Embassy Suites, etc in the area you are interested in.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:39 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
It's been years since I was in VT, so I don't know hotels there. However, if you are looking for a hotel with suites, google for Hampton Inn & Suites, or Embassy Suites, etc in the area you are interested in.

Thanks, the lead is much appreciated!!
Back to top

amother




Violet
 

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:21 pm
When we went to hunter/tannersville a few years ago, the clubhouse pool was empty during the day. The girls wore coverups in case anyone walked in, but it never happened. The pool was full at night after everyone came home from trips. I’m hoping same will be true in Killington where we are headed iyh end of august. Staying across from the mountain so not where the frum program is, hopefully less busy!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 12:12 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
When we went to hunter/tannersville a few years ago, the clubhouse pool was empty during the day. The girls wore coverups in case anyone walked in, but it never happened. The pool was full at night after everyone came home from trips. I’m hoping same will be true in Killington where we are headed iyh end of august. Staying across from the mountain so not where the frum program is, hopefully less busy!

Can you share the info of where you will be staying?
Back to top

amother




Violet
 

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 12:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you share the info of where you will be staying?


We will be staying in a town called mendon, Vermont. 10 min to Killington.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 12:20 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
We will be staying in a town called mendon, Vermont. 10 min to Killington.

Thank you, I will look into it.
Back to top

amother




Violet
 

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 12:22 am
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6.....j%2FE
Back to top

amother




Peach
 

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 4:27 am
There are some places in vermont with a pool
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms.....LABLE
no pool but has a lake for swimming
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms.....VeFj1

What about Cape Cod?
I found a couple there
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms.....2LB4Z
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms.....qpYfZ
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 6:38 am
Thank you both so much, I’m going to check out all the links posted.
Back to top

amother




Mulberry
 

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 11:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you both so much, I’m going to check out all the links posted.

OP, did you reserve any of these aribnb's?
I would love if you can tell me what your plans ended up being-I'm still trying to put together some kind of vacation!!!
Thank you
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Vacation and Traveling

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Working Erev Yom Kippur
by amother
69 Tue, Oct 04 2022, 4:44 pm View last post
[STORY] Damsel in Distress (Update #11d - 22 Iyar - p. 19)
by amother
379 Mon, Oct 03 2022, 10:30 pm View last post
Crookshanks Baby Target Haul (UPDATE: Fall Clothes Page 12) 237 Mon, Oct 03 2022, 7:42 pm View last post
Where Can I find section 8 apartments ? (update)
by amother
21 Sun, Oct 02 2022, 12:41 pm View last post
Serving dairy next to a meat pot
by RW
7 Fri, Sep 23 2022, 8:48 am View last post
by RW