Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Does this type of job exist?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 9:45 pm
For various reasons it’s hard for me to have a 9-5 type job.
I’m looking for a job where I could work from home with flexible hours. Have lots of doctor appointments for family members and I can’t rely on my husband for help.
If it makes a difference I am in Monsey.
Or even a job which I go into but could make up hours when I need to go for appointments.

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 9:50 pm
Are you me?? Exactly me.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 9:51 pm
Would you want to be a fundraiser/telemarketer?

my mama

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 9:51 pm
There are remote work options and websites that have remote job listings.
I will try to find it for you.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 10:14 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Would you want to be a fundraiser/telemarketer?

No I don’t have the personality for it.
I’ve done sales and hated it.

singleagain

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 10:35 pm
I work as a bookkeeper... Theoretically I could do the job the way you describe. But since I'm in a supermarket and based on my personality, it really is easier to be in the store.

However, my boss is really flexible with hours. I can come in late/leave earlier as long as return is done... But that just might be my boss

Perhaps though, some sort of bookkeeping job not for a store... But maybe.. like bookkeeping for a doctor or therapist. My dad actually does something like that. He prepares files for a doctors appointment and schedules the appointment. I've been in the car with him and he picks it up "good afternoon doctor's office"

ETA: apparently the buzz word for this type of job is virtual assistant.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 10:52 pm
singleagain wrote:
I work as a bookkeeper... Theoretically I could do the job the way you describe. But since I'm in a supermarket and based on my personality, it really is easier to be in the store.

However, my boss is really flexible with hours. I can come in late/leave earlier as long as return is done... But that just might be my boss

Perhaps though, some sort of bookkeeping job not for a store... But maybe.. like bookkeeping for a doctor or therapist. My dad actually does something like that. He prepares files for a doctors appointment and schedules the appointment. I've been in the car with him and he picks it up "good afternoon doctor's office"

ETA: apparently the buzz word for this type of job is virtual assistant.

So funny because I have a job now where I do exactly what your dad does.
I have been all over, in Israel, a few times in the hospital taking road trips with my kids and would be talking to patients on the phone.
But my bosses practice is so quiet that I only really work a few hours a week.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 10:56 pm
I’m a freelance bookkeeper. I make my own hours and take as many or little clients as I’d like and I can work from anywhere… but it’s a real skill to be learnt.

singleagain

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 11:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have been all over, in Israel, a few times in the hospital taking road trips with my kids and would be talking to patients on the phone.

There are also companies that ppl hire to do this? Search for like bookkeeping companies or whatever and scroll to the bottom, look for careers.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 12:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m looking for a job where I could work from home with flexible hours. Have lots of doctor appointments for family members and I can’t rely on my husband for help.
Or even a job which I go into but could make up hours when I need to go for appointments.

Swift Staffing is looking to hire recruiters. According to what you wrote in your post, this may work for you.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 1:14 am
Sure it’s just not necessarily so easy to find. You need to have the right boss.
I work from home. Part time, with a baby home with me. They gave me the job knowing this and are extremely accommodating understanding and respectful of family life is incredible.
It’s a small insurance brokerage.

What kind of experience and skills do you have?

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 5:29 am
Many of the medical billers that I am encountering lately work from home, using their personal phones and emails.

singleagain

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 5:55 am
amother [ Amaranthus ] wrote:
Many of the medical billers that I am encountering lately work from home, using their personal phones and emails.

So.. my dad actually created an LLC for himself and bills the doctor and he got a secondary phone and computer for his job . I think the phone is a Google voice number or some really cheap plan... But it might be easier to keep everything separate.. like that way he's only available to take calls during work hours bc otherwise his work phone is in his office. It helps create healthy boundaries.

Also everything for work is tax deductible

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 6:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Could you do translation work? Or proofreading? You'd still have deadlines of course but you can decide whether to work 9-5 or pull an all nighter.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 3:38 pm
I never really had a desk job, my writing skills are not the best and dont know quickbooks or excel enough.
I had jobs where I was sort of in the field but cant do that job anymore.
I would like a job where I have work to do and not have someone looking over my shoulder or a job in a doctors office where I have work to do but could do it in the hours that work for me.

I do have some medical knowledge as I have worked in medical offices in the past.

Singleagain would you mind if I pm you? I have a question about your dads job.

singleagain

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 3:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I never really had a desk job, my writing skills are not the best and dont know quickbooks or excel enough.
I had jobs where I was sort of in the field but cant do that job anymore.
I would like a job where I have work to do and not have someone looking over my shoulder or a job in a doctors office where I have work to do but could do it in the hours that work for me.

I do have some medical knowledge as I have worked in medical offices in the past.

Singleagain would you mind if I pm you? I have a question about your dads job.

Go ahead PM me.

And FYI. It's really not a big deal to learn QuickBooks or Excel.. especially with tutorials and YouTube.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 4:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Your current job sounds like it suits you?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 4:52 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Your current job sounds like it suits you?

I love my job. It’s not challenging at all though but right now with family stuff going on it’s perfect.
I work for a boss that lets me do my own thing because he gets no complaints from people so he is happy.
But I need more hours which he isn’t willing to give me even though he really needs it. But he is cheap and doesn’t want to pay me.

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 6:36 pm
I’m a newborn photographer and looking for a photoshop editor. A really good eye for color is essential; some babies are jaundice, many are red, some are purple! I pay $5/image and one could probably do 4-10 images an hour once they’re good at it.

I know I’m anon, but if you’re interested AND already very fluent at Photoshop, post below, and I’ll message you later!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 12:23 am
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
I’m a newborn photographer and looking for a photoshop editor. A really good eye for color is essential; some babies are jaundice, many are red, some are purple! I pay $5/image and one could probably do 4-10 images an hour once they’re good at it.

I know I’m anon, but if you’re interested AND already very fluent at Photoshop, post below, and I’ll message you later!

Ty but I’m not experienced in photoshop.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics