Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Weird GI Parasite virus going around
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 12:45 am
I thought they said it’s found in the Mikva?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 12:45 am
amother Coffee wrote:
Don’t know if this is it but a week ago my teenage dd had diarrhea with blood, low fever and stomach pains. No nausea. Her stool sample came back normal.
Usually stool sample checks for parasites though?

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 12:46 am
The article didn’t say if what’s going around is bacterial, fungal or parasitic, just that a gi infection could be any of those 3.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 12:47 am
Is there a name to the infection/parasite going around?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 12:51 am
amother Cerise wrote:
The article didn’t say if what’s going around is bacterial, fungal or parasitic, just that a gi infection could be any of those 3.
Article says "the parasite can be eradicated by shocking pools and Mikvaos" so I took that to mean it is a parasite.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 1:12 am
everyone who had the virus recently has been to the Mikva?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 1:18 am
Is it okay if I randomly state that people who suffer from hg pregnancies sometimes feel this way for nine months straight? There’s usually no good comparison to explain to people who haven’t got through it themselves, leaving hg sufferers in a very isolated position.

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 1:37 am
amother Winterberry wrote:
Aaaahhh I just started having crazy stomach pain, nausea and diarrhea. It was so bad it felt like contractions. And I already have a phobia of public/other peoples bathrooms! It’s caused a lot of issues for me because I end up holding it in too much, so I’ve been actively working on it for the past few months…and now this!!! Aaahhhh I can’t handle it.

Yup, I’m pregnant and when I had it thought I was having contractions too…but my contractions never felt this intense!

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 1:46 am
amother Tulip wrote:
Yup, I’m pregnant and when I had it thought I was having contractions too…but my contractions never felt this intense!
Baby ok? Contractions during pregnancy is so scary.

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 2:09 am
In reading this while in the bathroom with terrible pain and diarrhea. Feels like gas pain but then I have to go and no sooner than I leave the bathroom o need to do back...I don’t live in Lakewood though

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 2:20 am
I prob have this bug. My stomachs has been hurting for over a week now. I wonder if it started with eating food from the lunch boxes that wasn’t properly refrigerated. I haven’t been in a pool or mikvah in a while...

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 4:09 am
My husband caught it last week. 3 days later I came down with it. The next day my 8 yr old was vomiting all over. While I was recovering 2 kids came home from camp. 2 days later and they both came down with it. This seems to be spreading real fast and each of us had it in a slightly different form.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 4:22 am
amother NeonPink wrote:
My husband caught it last week. 3 days later I came down with it. The next day my 8 yr old was vomiting all over. While I was recovering 2 kids came home from camp. 2 days later and they both came down with it. This seems to be spreading real fast and each of us had it in a slightly different form.

Yes, same here.

My daughter had it for one night.
My two boys for a day.
I had it for 6 days straight. I am just about starting to recuperate now.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 4:26 am
If someone ate contaminated food they could get sick...
If they then went to mikva or pool... it could spread...
Or if they didnt wash up well after the restroom they could transmit it to others.

Some of the dirtiest places are not always bathrooms as we typically scrub those well.
Some remember to clean doorknobs.
Some the light switches.

But when was the last time you washed your mezuzah cover?

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 4:39 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
Yes, same here.

My daughter had it for one night.
My two boys for a day.
I had it for 6 days straight. I am just about starting to recuperate now.

It was so odd. Everyone had diarrhea except for me, but I threw up way more. Plus various degrees of stomach pain.
Our appetites are still not completely back to normal.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 8:12 am
amother Glitter wrote:
In reading this while in the bathroom with terrible pain and diarrhea. Feels like gas pain but then I have to go and no sooner than I leave the bathroom o need to do back...I don’t live in Lakewood though

Can I ask where you live?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 8:27 am
Does everyone live in lakewood?
Has everyone either used the Mikva or spouse used the Mikva?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 8:37 am
I wonder if it was from food boxes…

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 8:44 am
amother Acacia wrote:
Can I ask where you live?

I don't live in Lakewood but I did go to the pool.

I was in the bungalow colony when it began so no food boxes.
This morning, day 8, my stomach is still sore. No diarrhea but sore. Dr. told me it can take 2 weeks.

Chayalle

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 8:45 am
My DH had something like this 2 weeks ago, but just for 24 hours, and then he was better. Vomitting, dizziness, he felt awful. Didn't make it to chavrusah's DD's wedding, he was totally incapacitated. I wonder if it was the same thing.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries