Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Will this look weird?

miami85

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 2:50 pm
My niece is getting married in a few weeks. Since we just made our own simcha my initial reaction was to just wear the outfits from our simcha to the chasuna, but as the details of the baalei simcha have come out and other various personal considerations the females in my family are going to be wearing more along the lines of the kallah's family--yes we are very close. The question is my males. They all wore navy suits to our simcha, but the color scheme of the kallah's family is "ivory with a pop of color". Will it look weird if they wear navy suits or should I try to get them black and then they have a suit for pesach? Trying to be somewhat budget conscious here. My husband probably doesn't want to get a new suit so soon.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 3:39 pm
What about navy suits with ivory tie

zaq

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 3:49 pm
What I envy about men is that they can wear the same thing to a first date, wedding, funeral, business meeting, job interview, or day in court. While
I would most likely go ahead and wear what I wore to our own Simcha and let the chips fall where they may (what'll they do, sue me?), my menfolks would absolutely, positively, no question whatsoever wear the same thing they wore to ours. Maybe they'd get ties to match those of the baalei hasimcha if they found inexpensive ones somewhere.

amother
Navyblue

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 3:57 pm
It makes absolutely no difference if your men wear navy or black suits. Dh would refuse to get a new suit anyway just like yours but I’d never even suggest buying new ones.

amother
Navyblue

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 4:04 pm
amother Olive wrote:

Ivory or white tie isn’t a good idea. A lot of times that’s what the chosson wears. Wearing a white, ivory or light silver grey tie to a wedding is the same for a man as a young girl wearing a white gown. If you have a post high school son and he wears a solid dark suit and an ivory tie, he’s going to get a lot of mazel tovs.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 4:18 pm
I can't imagine why they can't wear the navy suits. It's a basic classic color, not burgundy or something.

chestnut

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 4:20 pm
Why wouldn't the men be able to wear the same navy suits?

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 4:21 pm
amother Olive wrote:

Please no white ties, in most circles that’s reserved for the chosson

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 12:11 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
Please no white ties, in most circles that’s reserved for the chosson

Really? I don't think I've ever seen that. It must be specific to cetain circles. Most couples I know go out and specially choose the chassan's tie together. Since he's going to wear a suit (and a kittel) the tie is the only area where he can choose what he wants.

amother
Magnolia

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 1:09 pm
I just don't get it. Why are people telling others what to wear?

You can give general guidelines as optional. That's what they seem to have told you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics