Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
MM to students from teacher… is this weird?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 5:50 pm
My Purim prep has been a bit of a disaster this year and for a few reasons I didn’t get my MM for my students ready on time to give out today. There’s no school now until after Purim so I’m left wondering… is it weird to deliver their MM to their houses on Purim? Only other options I guess are to give after Purim or just to forget the whole thing and not give them anything. They’re primary/elementary school age if that makes any difference.

As a parent I personally wouldn’t find it weird and would be touched by the effort to make my child feel thought of, but I’m doubting myself a bit whether others would find it strange and not sure what to do

TR91

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 5:54 pm
That's SO nice! The kids will be thrilled!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 5:55 pm
If anyone comes to your house, you can give back then.
You can give them in class, after Purim. Not an issue!

acemom

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 5:56 pm
The first day back after Purim is fine.

ImmaBubby

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 5:56 pm
I think this depends on where you live.
I’m the larger communities it’s the students who bring to their Rebbeim/Moros…

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 6:04 pm
ImmaBubby wrote:
I think this depends on where you live.
I’m the larger communities it’s the students who bring to their Rebbeim/Moros…

I live in a major frum area in England. I don’t necessarily expect to get MM from my students on purim as I’ve already received this week in advance from most of the parents, think this might be different compared to in America

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 6:06 pm
Here the teachers will bring to school the day after purim for the kids who didn't make it to them. Nothing unusual witu giving the day after

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 6:08 pm
Here the teachers bring to school after purim

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 6:18 pm
You can totally give them out in school after purim break!

Highstrung

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 6:22 pm
I never went to my teachers as a child but my teachers always brought me one after Purim when we came back to school. Do that . Give the whole class when you get back to school and they will be thrilled

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 6:32 pm
Super weird to show up at students houses. I vote Bring it to school after Purim.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 6:38 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
Here the teachers will bring to school the day after purim for the kids who didn't make it to them. Nothing unusual witu giving the day after

This

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 7:30 pm
I feel like when teachers give kids that didn't come after purim in school the ones that actually came end up feeling bad..
maybe I'm just being too sensitive, wonder if anyone agrees

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 7:34 pm
I think it’s way overboard and kind of demeaning to go to all your students. First of all nothing will happen if you don’t give back , especially if they are given in school there is no expectation (and students to teacher is very different than a typical I give you one you give me back) but definitely nothing wrong with giving afterwards.

ettilou

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 7:35 pm
My oldest daughter had teachers that gave after Purim because of various reasons and the girls were thrilled!!

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 7:39 pm
amother Copper wrote:
I feel like when teachers give kids that didn't come after purim in school the ones that actually came end up feeling bad..
maybe I'm just being too sensitive, wonder if anyone agrees

Not for my students! The ones that came get so excited that they got to see me on purim in my “costume” ( a crown on my head lol) and they get to see my kids and a peak into my house. They also love that I get to see their costumes and comment and compliment them on it etc. so I actually always feel really bad for the kids who go out of town and I’ll bring their shalach manos to school after but they are the ones who feel left out…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics