Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Weird GI Parasite virus going around
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 8:58 am
me and my 1.5 yo are getting over this now
still terrible nausea
DH thinks hes coming down with it now Sad
I was by the mikvah last week but I think I caught it from my 1 year old
havent been in a pool all summer

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:24 am
Can newborns catch it. Very nervous for it come in my house with a newborn around.

amother
Ballota

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 10:09 am
I’ve had it for a week + and my baby has been happy and healthy so far bH. Don’t worry too much. You can only do your best in keeping everyone healthy. IyH it will pass.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 10:18 am
amother Ballota wrote:
I’ve had it for a week + and my baby has been happy and healthy so far bH. Don’t worry too much. You can only do your best in keeping everyone healthy. IyH it will pass.

What were your symptoms that lasted a week?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 10:40 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Does everyone live in lakewood?
Has everyone either used the Mikva or spouse used the Mikva?

I'm from Lakewood. I did use the mikva a week before this started, when I got sick. Not sure if it's related but it might be.

penguin

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 10:50 am
Quote:
Article says "the parasite can be eradicated by shocking pools and Mikvaos" so I took that to mean it is a parasite.
Article is not necessarily accurate. And I don't think parasites are that easy to get over.

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 12:03 pm
I posted earlier and I’m not in Lakewood. It’s been going around all over.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 12:32 pm
I had it and called hatzolah the pain was so intense and knocked me to the ground each time it came in waves. I ended up going to the ER because I was in such crazy agony.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 12:39 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
I had it and called hatzolah the pain was so intense and knocked me to the ground each time it came in waves. I ended up going to the ER because I was in such crazy agony.

Yes! The pain was so severe that over the phone my doctor thought I had appendicitis.

I went into the office to rule out appendicitis and it wasn't bh but this was one hell of a virus.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 8:56 pm
Over a week after and today I was so completely knocked out after going out with my kids for a little bit I do not feel back to myself at all and that is also in combination with not really eating anything normal still.

Just as an update I heard to It will help to take probiotics and gut cleansing foods like garlic. I'm trying that now I hope bezh to feel bit better wishing you all the same!

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 8:58 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:
Article says "the parasite can be eradicated by shocking pools and Mikvaos" so I took that to mean it is a parasite.
The article was very vague and not informative.

Very curious to know the name of this thing.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:18 pm
Should I feel comfortable going to the lkwd mikva. Very nervous to catch something there.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:31 pm
Sure sounds like salmonella esp if you had fever. BTW it's not a parasite or a virus but a bacterium, and in an average year there are 40K reported cases in the US. (Many more go unreported.)Most cases clear up in 4-7 days but some severe cases require hospitalization, mainly because of dehydration.

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:39 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
Should I feel comfortable going to the lkwd mikva. Very nervous to catch something there.

maybe call the mikvah?
I was there last week. few days later I was feeling so nauseous and then I came down with it
I dont know if I got it from the mikvah or from my baby who was having diarrhea....

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:54 pm
I had this too about 2 weeks ago! Was horrible. These posts are making me feel so validated. Such bad nausea, diarrhea and my stomach would cramp with anything I ate for about a week! I don't live in lakewood or Brooklyn and I hadn't been to a pool or mikva. So I would rule out the mikva theory.
I think yogurt helped.

amother
Chicory

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:55 pm
amother Offwhite wrote:
maybe call the mikvah?
I was there last week. few days later I was feeling so nauseous and then I came down with it
I dont know if I got it from the mikvah or from my baby who was having diarrhea....

I’m curious if all of you that caught it by the Mikva were at the same Mikva

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 9:58 pm
I posted before, I’m pregnant and haven’t been to Mikvah. I also hadn’t been in a pool. And I had it mid July so one of the earlier cases. (Docs didn’t know WHAT was wrong!)

WhatFor

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 10:01 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
I’m curious if all of you that caught it by the Mikva were at the same Mikva

I wonder if there's any evidence it was caught through a mikvah other than people who were there getting sick? On any given week approximately 25% of frum women (give or take) will be using the mikvaot. Any time there's a large group of ppl getting ill, a substantial amount of women will be able to say they were in the mikvah in the past ten days. You need some kind of evidence that suggests they got it there (such as ONLY women going to the mikvah getting it, identifying the actual bacteria or virus in the mikvah, etc.)

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 10:07 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
The article was very vague and not informative.

Very curious to know the name of this thing.
Same here. It needs to have a name. And is it a parasite, bacterium, virus? Why is it a mystery? Surely the doctors know what it is.

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Sep 04 2022, 10:10 pm
WhatFor wrote:
I wonder if there's any evidence it was caught through a mikvah other than people who were there getting sick? On any given week approximately 25% of frum women (give or take) will be using the mikvaot. Any time there's a large group of ppl getting ill, a substantial amount of women will be able to say they were in the mikvah in the past ten days. You need some kind of evidence that suggests they got it there (such as ONLY women going to the mikvah getting it, identifying the actual bacteria or virus in the mikvah, etc.)

I'd revise that number to more like 15% (between pregnancy, postpartum, period-suppressing BC and menopause). But agreed that a bit more detective work is appropriate here!
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries