Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Twins at 57!
1  2  Next

Motek

Post Fri, Nov 12 2004, 9:18 am
Aleta St. James, the sister of Guardian Angels founder Curtis Sliwa, delivered twins on Tuesday, just three days shy of her 57th birthday.

Gian and Francesca were delivered by Caesarean section at Mount Sinai Hospital.

"It's never too late. You are never too old," St. James said earlier this week. "It's just in your mind."

St. James, a motivation speaker who helped her brother set up the crime-fighting group in the 1970s, became pregnant after in-vitro fertilization and is a single mom.

And what does her brother, a radio host on WABC's "Curtis and Kuby," think about his sister's decision to have children in her 50s?

"I really can't think of anyone more capable of taking on that responsibility to show other women who never thought that they could have kids," Sliwa said. "She'll be a great mother."

rydys

Post Sat, Nov 13 2004, 8:14 pm
I have to say that I think this is incredibly selfish of her. Here is a woman who for her whole life is "too busy" to have kids, and suddenly when she is much older decides to have a baby (or two!). If she really wants to raise a child, why not adopt? Can you imagine a bar mitzva bochur whose mother is 70 years old? I know she's not jewish, but that's what her kids lives will be like. Statistically, she will die while they are teenagers, leaving them orphans. If someone at that age really wants to do some good, to leave her mark on the world, let her take in some child who is already here and needs a good home.

Pickle Lady

Post Sat, Nov 13 2004, 9:35 pm
I totally agree. I would think it was OK if she had concieved naturally but it wasn't and she is a single mother.

Tefila

Post Sat, Nov 13 2004, 10:15 pm
shayna rochel
Quote:
she is a single mother.

That bothers me the most!

zuncompany

Post Sat, Nov 13 2004, 10:16 pm
Its her age, single mother ,and the twins thing all together that get me. If it was one of those independant things I don't know how much it would bother me.
Sara

Tefila

Post Sat, Nov 13 2004, 10:23 pm
Quote:
and the twins thing

I don't think she planned twins just with all the treatment... she got it. If a women could'nt have kids then I understand her wanting to do it at any age, Look at Sara Imeinu and Chana!
But she could've and chose not to what will she tell those kids shock It seems to me she did it to prove to the world that she is still young or is it me just shocked at this single women thing! shock

micki

Post Sat, Nov 13 2004, 10:34 pm
did yu hear of the 7tuplets that were born in israel? no drugs helped this. and she has some other kids...
times of moshiach!!!

Rochel Leah

Post Sat, Nov 13 2004, 10:59 pm
did they all survive? when did this happen?

micki

Post Sun, Nov 14 2004, 10:38 am
yes and I heard all the babies are doing well!

de_goldy

Post Sun, Nov 14 2004, 3:09 pm
Quote:
no drugs helped this.

Do you actually believe that? People will say anything to protect their privacy and their childern's (many people are not so keen in shidduchim for 'artificial' kids. Sick).

ForeverYoung

Post Mon, Nov 15 2004, 9:19 pm
Quote:
no drugs helped this

I don't really believe that. I know that a lady who had 5 in the US had to eat every 30 min to get all the nutrition she needed & she was not capable of doint it. She was on special vitamin regimen, hospitalised most of the pregnancy.
To do 7 'on her own' is probably impossible.

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 8:39 pm
de-goldy
Quote:
Do you actually believe that? People will say anything to protect their privacy and their childern's

Whose business is it, if it's true or not ... eigther way it is a miracle and if someone says something they are to be believed "innocent till proven guilty" And they are not on trial for goodness sake shock It is a miracle no matter what!

gryp

Post Wed, Nov 09 2005, 1:08 pm
today is the twins first bday.
the mother has written a book about them and the booksigning is tonite.

(How on earth can a mother who is busy with her twins' first year of life, have written, completed, and published a book in time for their first bday?)

shayna82

Post Wed, Nov 09 2005, 1:59 pm
its not unheared of to have full time help, or maybe even a live in.. thats how she finished the book probably...

Im thinking, to each their own.. lots of non jews look down on jewish people for having a lot of kids, I.e.- more than 2.5 and a dog.. saying we cant take care of a six kid family.. so who are we to talk about them... so shes old, so shes single.. who cares

hardwrknmom

Post Wed, Nov 09 2005, 9:30 pm
Mazel Tov to Curtis.

supermom

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 4:24 am
I think it takes a lot of guts for a woman that old to be pregnant since her body my be weak in the first place and still carry twins to term. we all know old people can't handle noise as much as younger couples that can handle the noise of their kids. I am wondering how she coped the first year with her babies?? Rolling Eyes

Pearl

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 10:19 am
if anyone reads the book - please share!!!

gryp

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 12:27 pm
I think I heard the mother say that her grandmother and her mother both gave birth in their 50's. her grandmother to her mother, and her mother to her.

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 10 2005, 4:33 pm
Quote:
I think I heard the mother say that her grandmother and her mother both gave birth in their 50's

This women has had plastic surgery for sure I've seen her Exclamation and has had loads of treatments incl from an unknown man thats how she got pregnant from those clinics Rolling Eyes
I mean it wasn't actualy with someone, just an injection how horrific is that shock
So who is she trying to lie to and we r stupid enuf to believe it Rolling Eyes

supermom

Post Fri, Nov 11 2005, 12:56 am
what does plastic surgery have to do with getting pregnant in her fifties?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics