Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
S/o Booster question - only for those who vax (EVUSHELD)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 10:43 am
Basically one of my children are immunocompromised (and had to take serious precautions since the beggining) and took the vaccine with no anti body results.
The doctor asked (gave him a choice ) if he wants to take the booster but said it probably won't help with antibodies anyways. So we decided not to do it.

He got covid twice ,omicron, and a few weeks ago. First time was a bit harder (fever) but second time bh very very mild. In both cases he was told to get the antibody treatment which bh all worked out.

Recently he was recommended (before he got the second time) to get the Evusheld treatment.
Seeing all these stories with those who got vaxed I wanted to know if anyone had super negative experience from it and if it is the same thing as the covid vaccine ?

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 11:24 am
One of our children also has low immunity due to medication needed for a medical issue. Our entire family has been vaccinated and most have been boosted. We went to an infectious disease doctor and he said that in our child's case a booster would not be effective but Evusheld could be effective. We waited for a family simcha that would expose the child to a lot of people and got Evusheld 3 weeks before the simcha. BH the child participated in all aspects of the simcha and did not get Covid.

This is only our family's experience. Please make an appointment with an infectious disease MD and let the Dr. look at your child's blood tests and make the decision that is best for your child.

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 11:27 am
I have a few clients who got evusheld. Most are teens with immune issues from transplant, crohns etc. as far as I know they tolerated it nicely!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 11:32 am
amother Chicory wrote:
One of our children also has low immunity due to medication needed for a medical issue. Our entire family has been vaccinated and most have been boosted. We went to an infectious disease doctor and he said that in our child's case a booster would not be effective but Evusheld could be effective. We waited for a family simcha that would expose the child to a lot of people and got Evusheld 3 weeks before the simcha. BH the child participated in all aspects of the simcha and did not get Covid.

This is only our family's experience. Please make an appointment with an infectious disease MD and let the Dr. look at your child's blood tests and make the decision that is best for your child.

Thanks. I definately will. Is infectious disease doctor the exact term or something else ? Also I wanted to just know how is it different than the vaccine itself ?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 11:33 am
amother Foxglove wrote:
I have a few clients who got evusheld. Most are teens with immune issues from transplant, crohns etc. as far as I know they tolerated it nicely!
Thanks ! How is it different than the vaccine ? Also is it an Iv or a shot ?

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 11:40 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. I definately will. Is infectious disease doctor the exact term or something else ? Also I wanted to just know how is it different than the vaccine itself ?

The doctor lists his specialty as "infectious diseases". I do not remember how the doctor explained why the vaccination would NOT be effective but Evusheld would be.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics