Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
When does a cheat appear on the scale

amother

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 5:02 am
I am trying to diet, but I find that it is strange that my gains and losses don't seem to directly correspond to what I ate the previous day. For example, Suday I didn'e exercise and I went to a Bar Mitzvah and ate too much and the wrong foods (I didn't binge, but didn't leave hungry). Monday I had lost! Yesterday I stuck to the diet and exercised, but I gained (I know I am not supposed to weigh myself every day, I usually don't). Is the gain from Sunday? How long does it take for the food we to to appear on the scale? Does it depend on metabolism?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 6:02 am
Scales! I hate them!
Mine is brand new but it says, and so does the old one, that I haven't lost. But I see it in my clothes.

I wish I could help you...

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 9:57 am
You shouldn't really weigh yourself daily b/c you naturally fluctuate a few pounds on a day to day basis. And yes, if you overate one day, you don't gain the weight immediately. You might not gain it at all if you work it off soon after and eat better the next few days.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 10:06 am
For me a cheat appears on the scale while I'm still just THINKING about cheating. Sad

Seriously though, you may never see it because if you had an especially good day the day before or the day after, these things will balance out. You have to look at nutrition more cummulatively.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 12:52 pm
Go on it once a week. You can get dizzy just trying to figure that out.

PIP

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 11:49 pm
For some reason, I always weigh more when I exercise. When I take a break for a week, my weight drops a few lbs. I guess I'm retaining water, or building muscle before the fat has to burn? I have no idea, I totally made that up! I still see a difference though in inches. I weigh about 5 lbs more than when I got married, but Im like a size and a half smaller than when I got married, go figure! I started seeing a nice difference when I measured my inches with a regular tailoring measuring tape.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise