Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Barefoot babies
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 9:55 am
Why has this become a normal thing? I’ve been seeing moms carrying babies with no socks on in 40 degree weather! Are they forgetting to buy their babies socks? No time to put them on? Why is this ok??

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 10:04 am
The babies pull the socks right off

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 10:07 am
Baby kicks sock off

I aim for clothes that don’t need socks. Sometimes it’s gifts

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 10:09 am
I try to put socks on and other appropriate winter gear but if we’re just going to the car I honestly don’t stress. If it’s super freezing, I’ll make sure they’re warm enough, but for 40 degrees I don’t think it’s a big deal.

amother
Bellflower

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 10:11 am
Firstly 40 degrees is not that cold. Secondly how old are these babies? Mine is walking so she needs shoes I can’t put footed anything on her. The second I put her in the car she pulls off her socks and shoes. Sometimes I need to grab her and the socks and put them on later. Sheesh with the judging.

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 10:39 am
About 20 years ago right before I had my first baby I was by someone who work for the community.

She was saying how many people who don't have little kids forget what it is like. The example she gave was that so many of them call her up to say that they see mothers standing at the bus stop holding their babies with out socks.

This is not a new thing, maybe you are just noticing it now.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 11:11 am
I think it’s ok, usually they are being carried around. If it’s not cold enough to need gloves, what’s the problem if the feet are uncovered too?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 11:13 am
A good footmuff goes a long way!!

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 2:07 pm
flowerpower wrote:
A good footmuff goes a long way!!

What is a footmuff?

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 2:09 pm
40 degrees?? Please.

Next you'll tell me they're not bundled up in heavy winter coats over jackets and thermal underwear.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 2:21 pm
Firstly, it hasn’t been so long since I’ve had a baby. And secondly, I guess it just looks to me like you didn’t finish getting your baby dressed. Would I forget my own socks? A little judgement? Maybe lol. It happens.

SG18

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 2:39 pm
I love being barefoot. If I didn't need to walk outside, I wouldn't wear socks, either.
That being said, I put socks on my babies in the winter, when it's cold out. Not inside, all of the time.
I've been called out for not putting socks on in the summer, though, which I don't do.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 2:54 pm
My 4 month old was managing to get his socks off every day. And I am glad it isnt freezing where I live but I have still started to dress him in footed PJs. Next people will assume I never changed him from bedtime when it is a fresh set of clothing! Just pajamas...
Judge away...

4g01o

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 3:11 pm
My 13 month old takes off his socks, every single day.
I need to order him tights.
I do usually put his socks on again just before we go out,but he often pulls them right off again when out. So I cover his feet with a blanket.
I'll be starting to use the footmuff very soon, because it's getting colder here.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 3:44 pm
I got my baby knee socks which worked pretty well without having to resort to tights and also put robeez on top.
He can get them off if he's inclined but he's usually too busy to work that hard. Standing is so much more fun than having to sit or lie down to take them off 😂

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 3:46 pm
If anyone's interested, Facebook won't stop giving me ads for Zutano baby booties, they look good as warm things that stay on and I might get them next baby.

amother
Dill

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 5:50 pm
I used to put my babies in tiny soft shoes in the winter, to keep their socks on.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 6:05 pm
My 21 months old non walking baby pulls them off everytime I go in the car. I put soft shows over them but she pulls them off so sometimes I don't bother. My car is warm and she always has a blanket. Sometimes I wrap her in that.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 11:13 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
What is a footmuff?

The sack you put on your stroller instead of using a blanket. It’s the best thing ever invented. I’d put my kid in it sock-less and in pjs when I had to shlep to the bus stop at 8 am

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 9:56 pm
I only just started putting my 14 month old in socks now. And thats only if we go outside. Development wise their feet are supposed to be exposed so they can learn to grip their toes when standing, crawling, etc... I can't tell you how many times he slips and falls down when he is in a onesie. Additionally it is highly recommended to refrain from putting shoes on a baby until they are fully walking, their feet are meant to be free 😉
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics