Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Double carriage
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:06 pm
I'm currently pregnant with twins. I need some ideas of good carriages I can get with baby's being newborns..do I buy 2 doona's? (For going in and outa the car) What r some good options! And what abt for taking walks, sitting outside whats my best option for double carriage ?? Also feel like I'm gonna be stuck indoors for first 5/6 months, schlepping 2 around probably so hard! How have u done it moms out there that had/have twins when young?!

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:18 pm
twin boy mama here!
Twins are the BEST so excited for you!
I have bugaboo donkey I would say its the best (and prob most expensive) double. Only side by side double option for propers stroller. If u have a car and use it often def recommend 2 doonas, if thats within budget.
(I already had donkey for my oldest plus 1 doona so wanst so bad for me)
Hope this was helpful and good luck! Easy pregnancy and birth to you iyH!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:35 pm
amother Holly wrote:
twin boy mama here!
Twins are the BEST so excited for you!
I have bugaboo donkey I would say its the best (and prob most expensive) double. Only side by side double option for propers stroller. If u have a car and use it often def recommend 2 doonas, if thats within budget.
(I already had donkey for my oldest plus 1 doona so wanst so bad for me)
Hope this was helpful and good luck! Easy pregnancy and birth to you iyH!

What does this mean? (the bolded)

Twin boy mama here as well. I think the first time I went with my twins (excluding doctor's visits) was when they were 5 months old. I got the Valco Trimode, because I had another baby right above my twins, and the older sibling was too young for a hitchhiker/buggy board.

I've seen 2 doonas for twins with some kind of connection between the 2 for taking walks. Do you live in a city or suburban area? This would affect your decision making. I know someone who bought a second-hand donkey from someone who had twins, but found it very cumbersome for loading/unloading in the car.

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:42 pm
I would totally get the bugaboo donkey. It’s a bulky but it’s very comfortable for babies

amother
Trillium

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:43 pm
What’s your budget? I love the Baby Jogger City Tour 2 twin. It’s small and compact if you don’t want something too big and I think it lies flat so you can use from newborn. It’s something I would consider if I ever have twins or 2 kids close in age! It’s on the cheaper end as well.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:44 pm
Not twins but 2 close in age. I have the donkey for walking Stroller and valco snap duo for car. I am so happy with both they are great options you just have to know your lifestyle.

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 8:07 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
What does this mean? (the bolded)

Twin boy mama here as well. I think the first time I went with my twins (excluding doctor's visits) was when they were 5 months old. I got the Valco Trimode, because I had another baby right above my twins, and the older sibling was too young for a hitchhiker/buggy board.

I've seen 2 doonas for twins with some kind of connection between the 2 for taking walks. Do you live in a city or suburban area? This would affect your decision making. I know someone who bought a second-hand donkey from someone who had twins, but found it very cumbersome for loading/unloading in the car.

Sorry, I meant that as far as I know (lmk if im wrong!) its the only full size (not travel/comapct) stroller that has side by side option. Others are one in front of the other

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 8:33 pm
Twin mommy here too! I used doonas for mine. Got one from a family member who was done with it and the other I got Black Friday sale. I rarely took them out anywhere alone the first year so never had to push 2 doonas at the same time..for a stroller, when they were born we got the donkey and it’s been fantastic. Once we were done with the doonas though I needed a car stroller, got the valco and bh so far so good!

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 8:43 pm
amother Holly wrote:
Sorry, I meant that as far as I know (lmk if im wrong!) its the only full size (not travel/comapct) stroller that has side by side option. Others are one in front of the other

Really? Valco double is not considered a full size stroller? What about the citi mini GT? Not that I’d recommend for twins but I didn’t think the donkey is the only option

amother
PlumPink

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 9:04 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
Really? Valco double is not considered a full size stroller? What about the citi mini GT? Not that I’d recommend for twins but I didn’t think the donkey is the only option
City mini gt is a full size and so is Valco. And bumbleride indie twin. There are others as well.

Idk how you would push two doonas.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 9:10 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
Idk how you would push two doonas.

You would need to connect them somehow. I know someone who did this though I don't know how.

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 10:04 pm
[quote="amother Gardenia"]Really? Valco double is not considered a full size stroller? What about the citi mini GT? Not that I’d recommend for twins but I didn’t think the donkey is the only option[/quot
Didnt realize u can buy bassinet for the valco- looks like another great option though when u buy 2 bassinets not that much cheaper than bugaboo

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 10:07 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
You would need to connect them somehow. I know someone who did this though I don't know how.

We may or may not have used my husbands gartel in a desperate situation lol (worked great)

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 10:13 pm
Expecting my second set over here.
I did got a donkey 10 years ago when my first set was born. I got rid of it. We are a tall family and the seats of the donkey were small, so they outgrew it fast. It's very shaky, bumpy, I think a mountain buggy has a smoother ride plus a 3rd child could manage to seat on it as well. My youngest will be 2y 3m when the twins arrive. I'm really looking into it.
They will be born in the middle of the winter ( end of january) So I guess we won't be out on walks before pesach. I have to make a decision about getting 2 doonas or getting 2 infant seats on the top of stroller frame.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 10:17 pm
If the weather is nice, you will be out asap.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 10:39 pm
Another pregnant with twins mama here. Before I knew it was twins I thought I'd forsure go for a doona (as I already own a full size and car stroller) my youngest if old enough not to need a stroller now...

But what they say man plans G-d laughs....
I don't have 4 hands.... so I plan on getting 2 uppa baby mesa car seats for the Vista frame I already own.... but since I don't like that as a standard double

I'm debating between the valco baby or bumble ride indi (both you can buy 2 bassinets for) or the bugaboo donkey... (which would come.out to about 1000 more...)

I really don't see how 2 doonas would be practical...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 10:42 pm
https://betweencarpools.com/ho.....ller/

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 10:50 pm
I have Irish twins and have used two doonas on occasion, I think it's definitely the best option if you will be getting in and out of cars often but it is a bit tricky to push. Between carpools has an article on how to do it, I don't do it that often so I usually just wing it. You will need a proper double soon enough though bc they won't want to be in the doona all the time once they get a bit bigger. I love my mountain buggy duet, it's the narrowest side by side that I know of, the donkey is amazing but I couldn't afford it. One regret is that I didn't get the mountain buggy bassinets, I used the doona at the time, bassinets are so much better for the baby though!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 10:51 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
https://betweencarpools.com/how-to-turn-your-doona-into-a-double-stroller/

Yes that's the article! And that reminds me another good idea that I was going to mention: a double snap and go, I have often thought that might be easier. Not sure since never tried it.

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 11:17 pm
amother Natural wrote:
Expecting my second set over here.
I did got a donkey 10 years ago when my first set was born. I got rid of it. We are a tall family and the seats of the donkey were small, so they outgrew it fast. It's very shaky, bumpy, I think a mountain buggy has a smoother ride plus a 3rd child could manage to seat on it as well. My youngest will be 2y 3m when the twins arrive. I'm really looking into it.
They will be born in the middle of the winter ( end of january) So I guess we won't be out on walks before pesach. I have to make a decision about getting 2 doonas or getting 2 infant seats on the top of stroller frame.

Wow! Feel good! I want another set Wink
Interesting what you say, my bugaboo is extremely smooth and my tall 3 tear old can still fit in it, maybe the newer models r much better?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics