Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Insists on being held

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 12:00 am
Any ideas? My 18 month old insists on being held a whole day when I am with her. She always liked to be held but I was able to distract her on the floor with toys for periods of time. Recently she screams the second I put her down.the only way she will play is if I’m sitting right next to her on the floor. Any ideas? This is making my days very challenging.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 12:04 am
Hold her as often as you can for a few days. This is a passing phase.

amother
Clear

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 12:08 am
My child is older and needs a lot of attention. I recently (and I mean starting this week) giving this child a hug and then holding their hand as I walk around the house doing things (stuff in the kitchen or put clothing in washing machine)

All one handed. But easier than holding and having them be sad. And seems to help this child stay calm and feel like we are bonding

Some kids need extra love.

amother
Leaf

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 12:12 am
I have the same thing OP. My baby is 13 months but also insists on being held all day. I can definitely commiserate with you…
One thing that kind of helps but it’s still not ideal is to get a baby carrier and just wear her the whole day. Or you can look up on Amazon this thing called tush baby. I have one and I find it pretty helpful.

giftedmom

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 12:44 am
Is she teething? Mine gets like that when teething.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 4:28 pm
This has been going on for more than a week without any relief in sight. I don’t think she is teething right now. I also have a three year old on top of this one that gets jealous when I hold my 18 month old so much so that makes it even harder.

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 5:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
This has been going on for more than a week without any relief in sight. I don’t think she is teething right now. I also have a three year old on top of this one that gets jealous when I hold my 18 month old so much so that makes it even harder.

My baby was playing nicely on the floor today and it was the first time in several weeks that she did it. She has sprouted at least three teeth during this period but it felt like eternity. She also finally ate normally today, while I mostly nursed during this difficult stretch
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics