Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Spirit airlines
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 3:50 pm
How bad is it to fly spirit, why is it worse then any other airlines

ladYdI

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 4:12 pm
No tv no free drinks or snacks but you get what you pay for. Got me to Florida very cheaply

hodeez

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 4:13 pm
Never had a bad experience bh

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 4:13 pm
They canceled 60% of the flights including mine one day, so I missed a wedding

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 4:14 pm
You pay for what you get.
Cheap service, no drinks, no pocket in front of you on the flight. I don’t fly spirit. Just unpleasant for me

amother
Sand

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 4:15 pm
They cancel many flights. It's not a risk I'm willing to take.

ladYdI

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 4:19 pm
JetBlue cancelled and delayed many flights recently

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 5:18 pm
I fly a nice amounts. I use spirit a few times this year and I honestly had no problem with them. I just made sure to bring snacks and buy water before. A lot of flights don't have screens nowadays. They just expect you to use your your phones.

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 5:43 pm
I use them a lot bring an empty water bottle fill up at airport download a movie or bring a good book only take a backpack and you are all set. No problems.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 5:57 pm
They make you pay for carry-ons. If you are traveling with just a personal item, and don't expect anything from them other than getting you from point a to point b, it's fine.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 6:29 pm
Felt like a school bus in the air. I thought the plane would fall apart any minute. BH flight was only 1 1/2 hours.

singsong

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 6:35 pm
I've had way worse experiences with JetBlue. The last time I flew Spirit we had a gorgeous brand new Airbus plane.

You just need to know that you get what you pay for. Bring drinks and snacks.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 6:36 pm
Their seats are smaller than anyone else's. They started the small seats and others followed. Yuck.

momtra

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 6:38 pm
As long as you know what to expect - it’s fine.
You pay for carry on, and I believe their weight limit for suitcase is lower than standard, so be careful and find out ahead of time.
Last time I used them I was very please with their service ( can’t say that’s always true for jetblue or any airline)…

shanie5

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 8:12 pm
You are only allowed 1 personal item-which can be put inder the seat. Carry ons and checked bags cost to take. Checked bags are 40# whereas other airlines they allow 50#. It's cheaper to pay for a checked bag then a carry on.

I fly spirit a few times a year. Rarely have a problem. Just remember that they charge for everything! If you learn the rules, they are great to fly cheaply.

amother
Tomato

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 1:41 pm
I'm a frequent Spirit flier.

I'll tell you what's great about Spirit - the price. They tend to have cheap prices as it is but if you go to the airport book at the desk you get a decent amount off the ticket. We have booked round trip tickets for $30-40 several times. That has enabled me to take my whole family to a simcha rather than just one or two of us going. We just go with one backpack each - fill it up to the brim - and don't pay any luggage or carryon fees.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 1:47 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
I'm a frequent Spirit flier.

I'll tell you what's great about Spirit - the price. They tend to have cheap prices as it is but if you go to the airport book at the desk you get a decent amount off the ticket. We have booked round trip tickets for $30-40 several times. That has enabled me to take my whole family to a simcha rather than just one or two of us going. We just go with one backpack each - fill it up to the brim - and don't pay any luggage or carryon fees.

Can you choose your seats so you’re next to your kids?

zaq

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 2:51 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:

Yes, but it'll cost you extra.

farmom

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 3:07 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:

If you check in online (I imagine earlier is better) , you may be seated next to the rest of your party.
I recently flew spirit with a friend, we checked in online one after the other and got seats together
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics