Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Beckman’s - Ami Serial
  Previous  1  2  3 39  40  41 44  45  46  Next

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:16 am
amother Fern wrote:
I think Eli and his wife should get divorced. It doesn’t have to have a happy ending by staying with Eli… it sounds like their marriage is quite toxic at this point and she deserves to be treated better…

They would never publish a story where the ending is divorce.
IRL it's also not an easy way out with kids, y'know.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:39 pm
Perly1 wrote:
You're right it is horrible but I think they need to try and turn it around first. If Eli won't go to therapy then she should.

therapy will NOT help. Most therapists would point to communication. Try to find one point in the entire story a therapist will buy and say yes estis right. It would be more like well yes he should have asked you before bringing is mother home gotten a muffin for her whatever but are you really going to divorce over a muffin or

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:16 pm
The fact that Eli comes home after she is asleep and gone by the time she is up- for what seems like a long time at this point is very problematic. He ignores her texts and doesn’t speak to her at all and blames her for everything and is extremely defensive and puts everyone in his family before his wife… this is way more problematic than the muffin

The muffin issue is also bad but instead of him apologizing and saying he forgot it didn’t realize… he will once again make it seem that she is asking for too much as though she is the drama queen… so much gaslighting..

And Mimi is soooooo annoying… her super sweet damsel in distress heeeelp you have to help Dina… you have to help mommy… ugh grow up Mimi..

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:19 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
Mimi told Eli that their father warned Mrs Beckman that this is exactly what’s going to happen if she doesn’t stop spoiling Dina.
They have a family meeting. All agree not to tell Mrs. Beckman about Dina and her marriage that’s in shambles.
They turn around from the meeting and Mrs. Beckman was standing in the doorway demanding to be brought home since Dina called her.

Did the mother overhear them?
Why did she think Dina showed up on her doorstep with her baby without her husband that shabbos?

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:20 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
Did the mother overhear them?
Why did she think Dina showed up on her doorstep with her baby without her husband that shabbos?

It appears that she overheard them. I didn’t add that since it will say next week if she heard them or not.

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:23 pm
amother Gray wrote:
therapy will NOT help. Most therapists would point to communication. Try to find one point in the entire story a therapist will buy and say yes estis right. It would be more like well yes he should have asked you before bringing is mother home gotten a muffin for her whatever but are you really going to divorce over a muffin or

Marriage counselors don't concentrate on specific occurrences. You might sometimes discuss what you could have done differently during that specific occurrence. But they're mostly working on the entire relationship.

Perly1

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 6:11 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
Marriage counselors don't concentrate on specific occurrences. You might sometimes discuss what you could have done differently during that specific occurrence. But they're mostly working on the entire relationship.

I agree. We had a therapist for a short time who taught us better communication skills and how to discuss issues in a positive way with resolution suggestions.

amother
Steelblue

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:07 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
Ummm did you read the part where Eli only bought 2 Muffins? One for him and one for his mother...
They made Esti feel like a stranger in her own home. How can she make her mil feel comfortable when she's made to feel like that??

I specifically said that eli is awful. I still think she could have been warmer and friendlier to her mother in law , who is not hurting her like eli is. It’s 2 completely separate things. The story paints her as being cold as ice to her mother in law , barely welcoming her , not interested in being in the same room as her etc.
eli is the problem

amother
Chestnut

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 6:33 am
I really can’t stand Eli, he’s the gaslighting king.

amother
Chestnut

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 6:37 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
I specifically said that eli is awful. I still think she could have been warmer and friendlier to her mother in law , who is not hurting her like eli is. It’s 2 completely separate things. The story paints her as being cold as ice to her mother in law , barely welcoming her , not interested in being in the same room as her etc.
eli is the problem

You give what you get. Her mother in law is also cold, not interested, putting pressure on Eli and their marriage whenever Dina has a temper tantrum.

Tao

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 8:02 pm
What disaster is Dina wailing about this time? Can't Believe It

amother
Apricot

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 8:10 pm
Tao wrote:
What disaster is Dina wailing about this time? Can't Believe It

That her husband (FINALLY!!!) left her!

Tao

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 8:17 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
That her husband (FINALLY!!!) left her!

yeah, but we knew that already. Although I guess Mrs Beckman didn't.
Omg, she needs so much help. yesterday.

amother
Buttercup

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 8:20 pm
Can someone recap this week?

amother
Firethorn

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 8:46 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:
Can someone recap this week?

Below.

amother
Firethorn

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 8:47 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
Mimi told Eli that their father warned Mrs Beckman that this is exactly what’s going to happen if she doesn’t stop spoiling Dina.
They have a family meeting. All agree not to tell Mrs. Beckman about Dina and her marriage that’s in shambles.
They turn around from the meeting and Mrs. Beckman was standing in the doorway demanding to be brought home since Dina called her.

Here

amother
Buttercup

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 8:47 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
Here

Thanks!! Must’ve missed it

Monkeymom

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:37 am
Following

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:17 am
My theory is mr Beckman faked his death to get away from his crazy kids

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:20 am
amother Chestnut wrote:
My theory is mr Beckman faked his death to get away from his crazy kids

Hahaha this would be epic!
Page 40 of 46   Previous  1  2  3 39  40  41 44  45  46  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room