Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Fair salary

DVOM

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 9:02 am
I'm hiring a mother's helper to watch my 18 month old for 14 hours a week (3.5 hours a day, 4 days a week) for one month in the summer.

I want to offer a generous but fair salary for the month, but I have no idea what a normal dollar amount would be. The young woman I'm thinking to hire is post high school.

Any ideas?

mommy43

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 9:09 am
Between 15-18$ an hour

lovepinterest

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 9:29 am
I don’t know where you live but my dd in high school makes 18-20/hr babysitting. I’d say prob 22-25/hr would be good.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 9:46 am
lovepinterest wrote:
I don’t know where you live but my dd in high school makes 18-20/hr babysitting. I’d say prob 22-25/hr would be good.

This is mother's helper, not babysitting, and in general a committed arrangement for long term vs a job on a per night basis can be less money.

That being said that's an extremely high amount to get for babysitting while I'm high school! My daughter makes not even half of that I think... We're out of town though.

anonymrs

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 9:50 am
In Lakewood, not less than $20 an hour.

tichellady

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 10:05 am
what makes her a mothers helper as opposed to a babysitter?

mommyhood

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 10:31 am
I think the expectations are different for high school than post high school. In HS summer jobs pay way less than normal babysitting. The girls and their mothers want them to keep busy and getting a job means the parents don’t have to pay for sleepaway or other expensive entertainment for both halves. Post high school they start taking real jobs and expecting real salaries. If we’re talking about a girl coming out of 12th grade you may still be able to pay the lower rates but older than that definitely not.

DVOM

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 10:58 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
This is mother's helper, not babysitting, and in general a committed arrangement for long term vs a job on a per night basis can be less money.

That being said that's an extremely high amount to get for babysitting while I'm high school! My daughter makes not even half of that I think... We're out of town though.

This will be babysitting, as in the only responsibility will be taking care of the baby, not a mother's helper, as in also doing light cooking/ housework.

DVOM

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 10:59 am
anonymrs wrote:
In Lakewood, not less than $20 an hour.

Not in Lakewood.

ddmom

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 11:15 am
$20 an hour minimum.
There's only one baby if Op wants to pay less she can hire a high school girl since it's during the summer.

DVOM

Post Sun, Apr 23 2023, 11:44 am
Thanks everyone, this is really helpful information!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics