Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Is there brown rice sushi rice? Or what type can I use?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 11:31 am
For sushi salad?
Also is there a recipe or method for making rice for sushi salad that the rice won't clump together but it won't taste to vinegary (most recipes need vinegar and the proportions are always too strong and can't afford the guesswork before yom tov especially).
TIA

mha3484

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 11:33 am
I would use short grain brown rice

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 12:09 pm
If you're using Brown rice because you think it's healthier, it isn't. Brown rice has more arsenic than white rice. Rather limit the amount of rice you are consuming and use rice grown in California. Try to stick to Basmati or Jasmin rice.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 1:12 pm
Use short grain brown rice. If the vinegar is too strong for you, make the glaze with half rice vinegar and half water.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 1:17 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Use short grain brown rice. If the vinegar is too strong for you, make the glaze with half rice vinegar and half water.

ra mom do you have a recipe for (vinegar) dressing for sushi salad that you like?

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 1:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
ra mom do you have a recipe for (vinegar) dressing for sushi salad that you like?

The glazed dressing for the rice? Or for the salad drizzle? I drizzle on unagi sweet sauce and spicy mayo.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 3:51 pm
ra_mom wrote:
The glazed dressing for the rice? Or for the salad drizzle? I drizzle on unagi sweet sauce and spicy mayo.

I would be interested in both.
What is the glazed dressing for the rice?

And for salad drizzle even though that wasn't my original question would be interested since you always have such practical and good recipes? Sweet sauce? And spicy mayo recipes please?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 3:51 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
If you're using Brown rice because you think it's healthier, it isn't. Brown rice has more arsenic than white rice. Rather limit the amount of rice you are consuming and use rice grown in California. Try to stick to Basmati or Jasmin rice.

Jasmin and Basmati because they are grown in California? Has anyone used these types for sushi salad or will it lose it's effect?

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 3:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
I would be interested in both.
What is the glazed dressing for the rice?

And for salad drizzle even though that wasn't my original question would be interested since you always have such practical and good recipes? Sweet sauce? And spicy mayo recipes please?

For 2 cups raw sushi (that I then cook) I cook up 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp salt until dissolved. It's a lot of seasoning, so not sure you'll like it. I love it super flavorful.

For sweet sauce I either buy ready or cook up equal parts soy sauce, sugar, mirin. For spicy mayo mix up 1/4 cup Sriracha with 3/4 cup mayo.

We layer each plate starting with rice, then top it with cubes of avocado, mango, scallion, kani and add raw cubes of fish as well for those that want. Sprinkle with 2 colors of sesame seeds, then drizzle with sweet sauce and spicy mayo.

schoolbus

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 4:07 pm
Sushi maven sells sushi brown rice. It’s delicious I use it all the time in place of the white sushi rice

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 4:18 pm
Add Seasme oil to your spicy mayo if you want it to taste like the resteraunts.

I use this recipe for sweet sauce

https://www.google.com/amp/s/j.....auce/

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, May 24 2023, 4:20 pm
Brown basmati is delicious but obviously won't be sticky like sushi rice but will make a nice rice salad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking