Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Best Diaper Pail?

Chaya08

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 4:14 pm
Which one do you use?

octopus

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 4:15 pm
We have the diaper genie I and the diaper champion. The first was really inconvenient to use, the second got real smelly really fast. I throw all the poopies out in the regular trash now, and take out the garbage everyday.

Clarissa

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 4:46 pm
I used the Diaper Genie with my first kid, and Diaper Dekor with my younger kid. With both, they need to be washed out and disinfected pretty often, because they get smelly. Also, one should plan on completely replacing once during infancy, because they absorb the smell after a while. I take out the Dekor bag every other day, clean and disinfect it then. It only takes a few minutes.

Emee

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 12:26 pm
I have the diaper genie II. I have had it for almost 18 months and have used it with 2 kids I have never once cleaned the inside and it doesn't smell at all! I have wiped down the outside but that is it.

The bags are scented and I guess that helps. I strongly recommend it!

octopus

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 12:26 pm
yeah, I never tried the diaper genie II. After buying two of the previous models, I was just fed up in general with diaper pails.

myfriends715

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 1:05 pm
I just use scented bags.. that helps

shoy18

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 1:28 pm
diaper pails make no sense to me, the kitchen garbage gets thrown out so often just throw it in there and if its a poop put it in a shopping bag and throw it in the garbage. Diaper pails no matter if they dont give off an oder when closed, STINK, and why have the diapers sit inside it when you can just throw them out straight away?

red sea

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 1:30 pm
shoy18 wrote:
diaper pails make no sense to me, the kitchen garbage gets thrown out so often just throw it in there and if its a poop put it in a shopping bag and throw it in the garbage. Diaper pails no matter if they dont give off an oder when closed, STINK, and why have the diapers sit inside it when you can just throw them out straight away?

Thumbs Up perfectly said

shluchamother

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 1:31 pm
Diaper genie II - it's great! Used to have diaper genie I - the second is much better. Cleaner, and so easy to use.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 1:32 pm
I don't want dirty diapers in my trash can in the bedroom, I don't want them in the kitchen or bathroom. I'm not going to leave my apartment to take them out, every time he goes. I'd rather keep them stored in an almost airtight, odor-protected contraption (that comes with its own scented bags) and take them out, every two days. It makes me happy. Yes, diaper systems make me happy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics