Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
A safe space for sad Sinead fans

Odelyah

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:24 am
So I was a huge fan of Sinead O'Connor's music when I was in high school, before I flipped out Hiding, and I'm finding myself really sad about her death, which I just heard about yesterday. Such an incredibly talented woman of tremendous depth, who struggled so much but had so much strength and was in many ways ahead of her time. I've been reading stuff about her today and there is so much that is compelling to me.
For example, I remember seeing a headline a while back about some kind of "spat" with Miley Cyrus, but I just read her actual open letter to her for the first time and wow! She wrote to her so respectfully and Miley's response was so disgusting. Sad
I haven't thought about her in years but now I keep thinking about her.. She was only 56 Sad

DrMom

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:30 am
I liked a lot of her early music, but I didn't care for her politics. She seems to have had a very troubled life.

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:48 am
I was very sad to hear about it.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:58 am
I didn't know much about her, to be honest. But Bret Stephens (hardly a voice of liberalism) said some very nice things about her in his latest NYT column.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts