Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Workmate not responsible
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:42 am
I don’t have a learning disability, but it took me until around age 40 to really become responsible at work. I just didn’t get the fact that it wasn’t all “coming to me” and that I needed to work hard and take initiative.

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:45 am
amother Chartreuse wrote:
I don’t have a learning disability, but it took me until around age 40 to really become responsible at work. I just didn’t get the fact that it wasn’t all “coming to me” and that I needed to work hard and take initiative.

There's a difference between not taking initiative, and completely ignoring what your managers tell you to do.

imasinger

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:58 am
I have grown kids with issues, who aren't good workers. Here's what I'd suggest if you were working with one of my kids:

- Have a written schedule posted, with specific times and responsibilities for each of you, and in large letters, write, "ANYTHING NOT LISTED HERE IS OF LOWER PRIORITY, AND CAN'T BE DONE UNTIL THESE THINGS ARE."

- Have a meeting with her and the boss. Bring your top 2 things you can praise her for, and your top 2 or 3 specific things that need to change. Top of that list might be, "I'm not sitting back and putting my feet up while you labor, when I ask you to pick up a kid, or start snacktime, or whatever, that's what you need to do, within a minute or two of my direction.". Ask what's a reasonable recourse if the problem keeps happening.

A second might be the lateness. Is her pay any different if she's late? Also, can boss help her understand how stressful she makes it when she's not on time? What consequence will matter to her to help her do better?

- Does she have some kind of disability coach? If so, request they be involved.

Hugs and hatzlacha!

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 5:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
I dont understand!!!!!!!!!!!! her mother knows she has a job-job=commitment. y in the world does her mother think its okay on my cheshbon???????????

giving her less pay is not going to help for tom-when someone doesnt come to work u need to hire sub.

Because some moms don't care. Honestly if that's what the mom is insisting on then it's kinda obvious why the daughter is so out to lunch, no?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics