Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Unemployment nj- have to go to meetings etc?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 9:51 pm
If your unemployment claim is approved, do you have to go to unemployment office meetings, trainings, suggested job interviews, keep a log of your job search activity or anything like that?

I was on unemployment only once during covid when all of this was not relevant.

Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 9:36 am
Bump

oneofakind

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 11:06 am
I never had to. This was before COVID.

mha3484

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 11:15 am
Your supposed to show your applying for jobs but no one ever asked me for a record. I used a separate email address for applying and I figured I could print it out if they asked.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 11:41 am
Do they allow you to take some time to update your resume, get some new marketable skills etc before you have to starts applying to jobs?

Basically, I need to bring myself up to speed in certain areas, or else I would have to consider ideas that I’m overqualified for, or that otherwise don’t match my skills.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 12:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do they allow you to take some time to update your resume, get some new marketable skills etc before you have to starts applying to jobs?

Basically, I need to bring myself up to speed in certain areas, or else I would have to consider ideas that I’m overqualified for, or that otherwise don’t match my skills.

When I had to do it-many years ago- I applied online to various retail outlets and made my hours of availability very inconvenient for hiring (I was honest, but I had limited availability because of my kids-my previous job had been in daycare & I took them with). Even just putting not available weekends will often have them not following up. Also, many asked for desired salary-put a high number.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 1:48 pm
amother OP wrote:

If you do that, just keep a record of what you were doing. They're unlikely to ever audit you, but if they do and you can show week x I was working on my resume, week Y I took a course, etc you'll be in better shape.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 3:40 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
If you do that, just keep a record of what you were doing. They're unlikely to ever audit you, but if they do and you can show week x I was working on my resume, week Y I took a course, etc you'll be in better shape.

Thanks!

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 4:34 pm
It depends how long you're on unemployment. I was on for 2 months and wasn't required (seasonal job) but longer than that and I would have had to.

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Aug 16 2023, 4:35 pm
amother OP wrote:

Yes! Absolutely.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics