Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
PSA: covid latest variant

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 12:36 pm
Was going to post this on the other thread but it got political real fast so I'm starting a new one, please leave politics out of it.

I just had the latest variant of covid and it really knocked me out, it's been 2 weeks now and I'm still pretty weak. Not looking for tips since bh I have it under control and am slowly getting better, just a PSA - if you're feeling sick, take it easy, take your vitamins, rest up and don't push your body too far. Listen to your body and be in touch with your doctor. Basically take it seriously and don't ignore symptoms.

I've had covid probably 4 times now and it never bothered me before. This was different and felt like the 2020 version all over again.

May Hashem keep us all safe!

(And for all the curious ones, never took the vax, vote Republican, yes I took zinc thank you - now please keep this politics free thank you)

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 12:44 pm
I hope you feel better. I think it's important for the public to not be influenced by a single case. Personal experiences are real but say nothing about the scope of the danger if any.

Bh hospitalizations and serious illness from this variant are extremely low. If someone is immunocompromised then take every precaution. Otherwise I'd suggest live normally and don't do anything silly. Refuah shlaima!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 12:47 pm
amother Rose wrote:
I hope you feel better. I think it's important for the public to not be influenced by a single case. Personal experiences are real but say nothing about the scope of the danger if any.

Bh hospitalizations and serious illness from this variant are extremely low. If someone is immunocompromised then take every precaution. Otherwise I'd suggest live normally and don't do anything silly. Refuah shlaima!

You're right, don't do anything silly! I guess I just was shocked by how intense the covid was and would have appreciated such a psa myself. Also I should have added that I've heard a few similar stories recently. But my intention isn't to scare anyone just for awareness.

Highstrung

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 1:29 pm
A couple of weeks ago I wrote on one of the threads that I heard from people in the medical fields that this Covid variant is more intense and similar to the first one and that there are hospitalizations. I got a bunch of passive aggressive hugs and deleted my post since people thought I’m off my rocker .
Lots of people like to be in denial. Not sure why. Just like some seasons the flu is bad , the same with Covid. Not sure why people don’t believe the ones that did have bad cases and make it sound like it was an isolated case.
Hope your feeling better with every day.

wigboutique

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 1:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
Was going to post this on the other thread but it got political real fast so I'm starting a new one, please leave politics out of it.

I just had the latest variant of covid and it really knocked me out, it's been 2 weeks now and I'm still pretty weak. Not looking for tips since bh I have it under control and am slowly getting better, just a PSA - if you're feeling sick, take it easy, take your vitamins, rest up and don't push your body too far. Listen to your body and be in touch with your doctor. Basically take it seriously and don't ignore symptoms.

I've had covid probably 4 times now and it never bothered me before. This was different and felt like the 2020 version all over again.

(And for all the curious ones, never took the vax, vote Republican, yes I took zinc thank you - now please keep this politics free thank you)

Where are you from? What are your symptoms like? I’m trying to figure out if I got it or not. No sore throat but have a head cold and issues similar to covid that I experienced a year or two ago.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 1:36 pm
Highstrung wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I wrote on one of the threads that I heard from people in the medical fields that this Covid variant is more intense and similar to the first one and that there are hospitalizations. I got a bunch of passive aggressive hugs and deleted my post since people thought I’m off my rocker .
Lots of people like to be in denial. Not sure why. Just like some seasons the flu is bad , the same with Covid. Not sure why people don’t believe the ones that did have bad cases and make it sound like it was an isolated case.

Right, exactly. Thanks! Bh getting there bit by bit.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 1:39 pm
wigboutique wrote:
Where are you from? What are your symptoms like? I’m trying to figure out if I got it or not. No sore throat but have a head cold and issues similar to covid that I experienced a year or two ago.

Brooklyn, also no sore throat. All the flu symptoms but very strong, plus ear pain, intense weakness and dizziness and some nausea and stomach issues. Also congestion. Basically symptoms of flu, cold and stomach bug all together.

Doesn't hurt to get an at home test, also doesn't hurt to go to a doctor. Even if you wouldn't take paxlovid (I didn't go early enough for it either way) they can check if you have anything else at the same time that they can give you something for.

Feel good!

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 1:44 pm
Thank you for keeping politics out of this. Good for you. I wish the nonsense would stop being fought over.

And good move with your end note. Everyone would want to know.

Thank you for sharing. Its a virus that's here to stay. Those who need to be careful will know to try to just like flu season.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 1:55 pm
A family member of mine also just got it and is having the same experience. Really knocking them out.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 1:57 pm
Interesting — our dr is saying nothing to be concerned about B”H!

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 1:58 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
Thank you for keeping politics out of this. Good for you. I wish the nonsense would stop being fought over.

And good move with your end note. Everyone would want to know.

Thank you for sharing. Its a virus that's here to stay. Those who need to be careful will know to try to just like flu season.

Yes it's here to stay, but it didn't have to be.

Way to blame the victim and absolve yourself of all responsibility. You know that "will know to try" doesn't do anything to protect anyone. It's about whether society cares enough for people to make the effort for each other (like not sending feverish kids to daycare, not coming in to the dentist sick, not coming in to work if they know they are sick), not about whether someone can keep themselves in a bubble and never ever leave the house.

Even masks don't protect the wearer, they only protect the people around the wearer.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:00 pm
Actually those ear loop masks don’t protect anyone unfortunately
Our dr said don’t bother it won’t block a microscopic germ
And treat contagion as you would any illness

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:48 pm
amother OP wrote:

Op if you want to keep politics out of it why did you write “ vote republican”? Vax? Zinc? What is your point?
You yourself brought politics into this I don’t get it

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 3:07 pm
Highstrung wrote:

Where are you getting this from? When I look at the CDC website as well as worldometers which tracks covid cases and deaths, thankfully I don't see anything remotely as severe as 2020.

So I'm not hugging your post, I'm only asking if you can substantiate your claim with a chart or data please.

giftedmom

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 3:09 pm
So interesting I had a cold with ear pain last week, bh not too bad otherwise was just tired, down, and congested for a few days. I have a kid with cold symptoms now and another one who was complaining of what seemed like fluid in her ears but her ears looked fine when they were checked. Also some stomach issues. Oh well.

Highstrung

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 3:23 pm
amother Rose wrote:
Where are you getting this from? When I look at the CDC website as well as worldometers which tracks covid cases and deaths, thankfully I don't see anything remotely as severe as 2020.

So I'm not hugging your post, I'm only asking if you can substantiate your claim with a chart or data please.

I’m sorry . I don’t have charts or data. I have information from people close to me who work in doctors offices , hospitals and so on and they are the are they ones that made me aware of this (specifically in New York. I’m not trying to make a big deal about it. It’s just the reality that many people coming down with it are feeling much sicker than with Omicron for example.
We B”H know how to treat Covid now so it won’t compare to 2020 since we know lots of deaths occurred because of neglect and lack of knowledge. But people are being hospitalized for Covid again. I’m sure the same happens with bad cases of the flu too. For some reason people don’t get bent out of shape when people test for the flu and say they were really sick. When it comes to Covid people tend to downplay and not believe what’s happening.
I am not vaccinated and had Covid twice . I’m not panicking or anything . But when I do feel symptoms I do take an at home test to rule it out and to make sure I’m not exposing myself to vulnerable individuals around me.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 3:39 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
Op if you want to keep politics out of it why did you write “ vote republican”? Vax? Zinc? What is your point?
You yourself brought politics into this I don’t get it

Because on every other covid related thread I've seen, as soon as anyone mentions covid someone asks these kinds of questions so just getting it out of the way.

Thanks everyone for the responses!

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 4:26 pm
amother Copper wrote:
Yes it's here to stay, but it didn't have to be.

Way to blame the victim and absolve yourself of all responsibility. You know that "will know to try" doesn't do anything to protect anyone. It's about whether society cares enough for people to make the effort for each other (like not sending feverish kids to daycare, not coming in to the dentist sick, not coming in to work if they know they are sick), not about whether someone can keep themselves in a bubble and never ever leave the house.

Even masks don't protect the wearer, they only protect the people around the wearer.

Do you maybe have a chip on your shoulder???

I literally didn't say anything to make you go off.

Yes, in my world the vulnerable people will keep the sniffling, I don't feel so well people, like grandchildren, for coming in to visit while under the weather.

The vulnerable will decide whether to attend simchas or not based on this information.

I have been responsible with my family always, not one to go sick to shul, or kids to school since forever. Common decency. This doesn't contradict anything.

"It didn't have to be"? You can't rewrite science with media spin. Once it infected enough individuals the horses were out of the gate. Help yourself come to accept what is. G-d gave us immune systems, they are a use it or lose it type of system for healthy people.

Were you this intense about the flu every year b.c.e.? So this is a psa. No amount of wishing will change things. So whether you take shots, avoid crowds, or do nothing, op letting us know its going around and her experience was helpful.

How you linked your response to the stuff I wrote, I have no idea.

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 5:00 pm
amother OP wrote:

First want to wish you refuah sheleimah. Glad you're doing better and you should get all your strength back quickly.

Question: What made you test? How did the results change anything about your treatment?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics