Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Silly question
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 1:37 pm
I grew up in a community where it's not the norm to drink alcohol at restaurants/ bars.

How do people drive to and fro if both you and dh want to have a drink? Do you uber in both directions (since you don't want to have your car stuck there and you can't drive)?

amother
Sand

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 1:43 pm
It depends on each persons tolerance to alcohol. No one shows up to a meal with their spouse with the intentions of getting drunk, they know how much they can handle and (hopefully) drink responsibly.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 1:44 pm
Most adults who are accustomed to drinking are not intoxicated from a glass of wine, especially with a full stomach of food, so there is no problem driving afterwards.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 1:45 pm
amother Sand wrote:
It depends on each persons tolerance to alcohol. No one shows up to a meal with their spouse with the intentions of getting drunk, they know how much they can handle and (hopefully) drink responsibly.

Right I get it but legally you're not supposed to drive after drinking a certain amount even if you're not drunk. And a cocktail probably puts you over the limit

amother
Sand

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 1:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Right I get it but legally you're not supposed to drive after drinking a certain amount even if you're not drunk. And a cocktail probably puts you over the limit

There is not enough alcohol in a cocktail to put you over the limit.
It's nice of you to worry about all of us braking the law though Very Happy

TCFrenk

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 1:49 pm
I make sure that we wait at least an hour after a drink to drive.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 1:50 pm
amother Sand wrote:
There is not enough alcohol in a cocktail to put you over the limit.
It's nice of you to worry about all of us braking the law though Very Happy

Thanks!

Lol not worrying about anyone else, was asking for me Smile

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 2:00 pm
amother Sand wrote:

Not entirely true.
Thats a big generalisation.

You can take a taxi or only one of you drinks.
Or use public transport.

amother
Sand

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 2:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks!

Lol not worrying about anyone else, was asking for me Smile

Your'e very welcome and thanks for the hug. I needed one today

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 2:06 pm
amother Snow wrote:
Not entirely true.
Thats a big generalisation.

You can take a taxi or only one of you drinks.
Or use public transport.

So basically sounds like it would be complicated.. I've let my dh drink and I'll drive but it would be fun if we both could

amother
OP

amother Sand wrote:
Your'e very welcome and thanks for the hug. I needed one today

Was not my hug..

amother
OP

TCFrenk wrote:

Thanks!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 2:09 pm
amother OP wrote:

I don't think there's enough alcohol in a cocktail to put you over the limit.
We usually order drinks first thing so at least an hour has passed from the drink till we need to drive home.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 2:10 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
I don't think there's enough alcohol in a cocktail to put you over the limit.
We usually order drinks first thing so at least an hour has passed from the drink till we need to drive home.

Thank you

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 2:13 pm
It would be fun if we could both go out and have a drink but we don’t. We know some awful stories so it’s not something we take lightly. Sometimes dh has a drink and I drive home. Even if we’re just having wine dh drinks very little of it so we usually don’t have any. It’s too expensive to leave it over Smile

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 2:13 pm
TCFrenk wrote:

That doesn't lower the alcohol level very much, depending on how much you drink.
Google it.
"0.015 per hour
How Fast Can You Sober Up? Alcohol leaves the body at an average rate of 0.015 g/100mL/hour, which is the same as reducing your BAC level by 0.015 per hour. For men, this is usually a rate of about one standard drink per hour.16 Oct 2019"

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 2:16 pm
The impression I get is either one of you is designated driver and doesn't drink, or you uber and then you don't have to worry about how much you've drank. We've only done it when we've stayed overnight in a hotel and we've gone to the bar there, so there's no driving home again.
The person who says she waits an hour, that might not be long enough, depending on the quantity of alcohol you've had.

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 2:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
So basically sounds like it would be complicated.. I've let my dh drink and I'll drive but it would be fun if we both could

It is fun once in a while.

Use an uber.

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 2:20 pm
OP, your question is really smart, so smart that not one person here seems to know the answer. But the answer is one cocktail can put you over the limit and yes if you get pulled over or in a accident you could be arrested for DUI.
Yes so please don't ever drive after you drink.
And it has nothing to do with your tolerance! Cops don't care. And neither does the other driver.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 2:47 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
OP, your question is really smart, so smart that not one person here seems to know the answer. But the answer is one cocktail can put you over the limit and yes if you get pulled over or in a accident you could be arrested for DUI.
Yes so please don't ever drive after you drink.
And it has nothing to do with your tolerance! Cops don't care. And neither does the other driver.

Thank you. So many conflicting responses
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics