Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Napping

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:55 pm
My almost 2 month old takes cat naps during the day (bh she sleeps at night) any tips to get her to nap for longer stretches?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
My almost 2 month old takes cat naps during the day (bh she sleeps at night) any tips to get her to nap for longer stretches?

It husky lengthens around 6 months. If she sleeps at night and getting enough sleep overall in 24 hours I wouldn’t worry. Not sure there is much to do to lengthen. Maybe lengthen the wake windows?

emzod42

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:59 pm
https://www.preciouslittleslee.....rmal/

I like the Precious little sleep chart for wake windows. Naps can be that short at that age, unfortunately.. Are you using white noise, dark room, swaddle?

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:59 pm
Some babies are like that, it's very annoying but I don't think there's anything to do about it. My babies started taking longer naps at around 6 months.

tothepoint

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 1:12 pm
Infants have short sleep cycles- around 40-50 mins. Some babies will easily transition from one cycle to the next, whereas some babies will wake up between cycles.

It mostly depends on the baby’s sleep habits. I.e. a baby who falls asleep independently will have an easier time falling back asleep between cycles. If your baby is dependent on nursing to sleeping/ pacifier/ rocking etc she will likely wake up after 40 mins. You might want to start implementing independent sleep, or maybe just stick in her paci and encourage her to go back to sleep

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 1:38 pm
This is normal for babies under 6 months. Sometimes they will take longer naps, but most will be in the 40 minute range on average. If you mean 5-10 minutes then I would answer differently.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics