Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
SAHM daytime napping
Previous  1  2  3

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 2:01 pm
I wish I can master the Power Nap. On those rare days when I am off but my kids are out, it’s so tempting to dive back into bed after everyone gets out. But what usually ends up happening is that I conk out for hours and kill my entire day. I wake up groggier than when I started. Then I can’t fall asleep at night and I feel worse than next day. So no naps for me.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 2:11 pm
tigerwife wrote:
I wish I can master the Power Nap. On those rare days when I am off but my kids are out, it’s so tempting to dive back into bed after everyone gets out. But what usually ends up happening is that I conk out for hours and kill my entire day. I wake up groggier than when I started. Then I can’t fall asleep at night and I feel worse than next day. So no naps for me.

Try setting your alarm for 15-20 minutes.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 4:06 pm
I was a sahm for years. I envied my husband's ability to walk out the house every morning and not come home till much later when they were all in bed, his ability to spend his day hands free without always having little people with him wherever he was or having to worry about babysitters or anything except his job. I worked so hard for many years and I get sick and tired on this site of the lack of respect for sahms, as if they are of no value. On this site sahms are often characterised as being privileged, lazy women living off their hard working husbands. As you can tell by now, this subject on this site is extremely triggering to me😀 Whether you are a sahm or a working woman and you can manage to fit a power nap into your day I say good for you and enjoy it.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 4:11 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
I was a sahm for years. I envied my husband's ability to walk out the house every morning and not come home till much later when they were all in bed, his ability to spend his day hands free without always having little people with him wherever he was or having to worry about babysitters or anything except his job. I worked so hard for many years and I get sick and tired on this site of the lack of respect for sahms, as if they are of no value. On this site sahms are often characterised as being privileged, lazy women living off their hard working husbands. As you can tell by now, this subject on this site is extremely triggering to me😀 Whether you are a sahm or a working woman and you can manage to fit a power nap into your day I say good for you and enjoy it.

Unfortunately, IRL as well. I think it stems from jealousy.

mha3484

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 4:21 pm
Any time I try to nap on shabbos/sundays/days off of work I wake up feeling really groggy almost like I got too much sleep. Am I the only one?

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 6:35 pm
I’m quite happy I stopped posting threads in imamother. The last one I posted also had people yelling at me for asking a question

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 6:39 pm
Big fan of power naps
Big brocha for whoever can get them

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 6:43 pm
amother Opal wrote:
Sorry this is so triggering for me. I work full time. Out of the home. Kids who wake up throughout the night and wake me up including a baby...
Your post is very triggering for those struggling with infertility. Please add a trigger warning

NechaMom

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 6:45 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
Your post is very triggering for those struggling with infertility. Please add a trigger warning

Your post is triggering for divorced and widowed women who can’t even try to conceive! Can the OP finally add 7 trigger warnings to the title?

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 6:52 pm
Pzizz is an app that helps you relax/fall asleep. Even if I don't fall asleep it I feel somewhat rested.

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 6:54 pm
Sometimes I wake up 4 or 5 am (or rather my baby wakes me up and I don't fall back asleep) so I get stuff done, send the other kids out of the house and then crawl back to bed for a nap.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 9:23 pm
Poor lady is working hard and stressed out, give her a break!
Let her comment and move on. No need to gang up on her.

I've been both a working mom and SAHM so I get both sides. Being a mom is hard work however you slice it.

mig100

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 10:21 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
Poor lady is working hard and stressed out, give her a break!
Let her comment and move on. No need to gang up on her.

I've been both a working mom and SAHM so I get both sides. Being a mom is hard work however you slice it.

great post!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics