Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
SO thirsty while fasting - any help?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 6:34 pm
B"H I'm a good faster except that I am thirsty from the moment I wake up in the morning till the minute the fast is over. I don't even need to eat at night (I do though), I just need to drink a 2-liter bottle of water.

It may be partly psychological, but I know that normally, the first thing I do after negel vasser is drink a big cup of water. Then I drink throughout the day.

Is there anything to do? I try drinking extra water for the few days before but I'm still so thirsty.

I welcome any advice.
TIA.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 6:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
B"H I'm a good faster except that I am thirsty from the moment I wake up in the morning till the minute the fast is over. I don't even need to eat at night (I do though), I just need to drink a 2-liter bottle of water.

It may be partly psychological, but I know that normally, the first thing I do after negel vasser is drink a big cup of water. Then I drink throughout the day.

Is there anything to do? I try drinking extra water for the few days before but I'm still so thirsty.

I welcome any advice.
TIA.

Have you checked that out with a doctor? Thirst can be a sign of a medical condition.

For the fasts, have you tried Gatorade or Powerade the day before?

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 6:47 pm
Have electrolyte drinks & moderate salty foods day before & erev YK, salt helps to hold onto fluids.
Not overeating before helps too bc digestion requires fluids. Not going overboard with fruit before which can be diuretic = fluid loss.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur