Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Where do you have your playroom?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 7:28 am
If you have a playroom where is it located? Basement? Next to kitchen? Somewhere else..

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 7:30 am
Basement

Rappel

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 7:30 am
Spare room

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 7:35 am
I have a room between my kitchen and dining room--creates like an "L". I like that it's on the 1st floor and near my kitchen. I don't like that I have to go through it to bring food to the table. My kids know they can't have toys near the doorway and are pretty good about it.

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 7:55 am
Basement

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:00 am
Basement
And sitting area in kitchen where younger ones can play.
Until the age of about 7 they want parent close by, so if little ones are in the basement I’m there. If I leave they follow

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:03 am
amother OP wrote:
If you have a playroom where is it located? Basement? Next to kitchen? Somewhere else..

In a converted sunroom (a previous owner converted it, not us) across the length of the playroom.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:08 am
on my wishlist

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:12 am
It’s in the basement, but I have some games and baby toys in the study, so kids can play some things in the family room

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:13 am
Near kitchen dining

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:24 am
Ideally I would have it off the kitchen, so kids could still see and feel like I’m in the same room while they are playing and I’m cooking

But my current playroom is the den.. not so far from the kitchen but a totally different room

cupcake123

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:41 am
Off the kitchen

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 9:22 am
Playroom? Hahahahaha!
In the middle of the living room.

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 9:44 am
Our apartment doesn't officially have a playroom. We use a bedroom as the playroom.

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 9:54 am
Its supposed to be the basement but I have a home office/den right off my kitchen and my kids converted that to the playroom.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 9:55 am
In my sons bedroom..

chili-n-cholent

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 10:00 am
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
Playroom? Hahahahaha!
In the middle of the living room.

Similar idea, in my foyer right where you walk in.
Also, hallway right off the bathroom near the toy/linen/storage closet. So that in middle of the night when running to the bathroom (9th month of preg) you step on a million little tiny toys and stub each toe possible LOL LOL

mompower

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 10:01 am
The little kids will only play right next to me so I have it right off the kitchen. I’m very strict with no toys in kitchen and no food in playroom. We love it.

It’s a tiny space but they play there all day. In our previous apartment our playroom was huge and super fun, but it was in the attic. Only the older kids used it. It was a giant waste of space.

In my experience playrooms for little kids are best off the kitchen, family room. Teenagers/ preteens do appreciate privacy so their hangout space can be anywhere cozy and comfy.

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 10:56 am
We just made an addition to add more space and added a small playroom off the kitchen for the younger kids to use. And created a separate family/chill room half a flight down off the main level for the older kids/teens to read, play games and hang out with friends. Both these rooms are now used daily.
Prior to the addition, the playroom was in the basement, a full flight below, and rarely ever got used.

tweety1

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 11:00 am
On main floor between kitchen and dining room off the hallway.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics