Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
To the poster that bumped multiple old threads now

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 10:29 am
And posted a specific website, please stop. If you want to advertise something, ask Yael or mods how to go about that. Bumping up multiple old threads, some from years ago, on the same topic & post a specific advertisement/website, is annoying and suspicious.

NechaMom

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 10:32 am
We’re having so much of it lately. Bumping random threads with irrelevant replies when the op long resolved her issue.... it’s probably the same poster.

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 10:33 am
amother OP wrote:
And posted a specific website, please stop. If you want to advertise something, ask Yael or mods how to go about that. Bumping up multiple old threads, some from years ago, on the same topic & post a specific advertisement/website, is annoying and suspicious.

U can report the poster

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 10:36 am
amother OP wrote:

Easiest to just report her. I did that on one of the many threads.
By the way, threads like this dont help because she may not actually look at this thread.

Applekugel

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 10:38 am
I'm so sorry..was just trying to be helpful. Really didn't mean to disturb anyone

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 10:40 am
Applekugel wrote:
I'm so sorry..was just trying to be helpful. Really didn't mean to disturb anyone

How is it helpful to randomly bump up many old threads when no one asked for such information now? It seems like free advertising.

Applekugel

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 10:42 am
I search for old threads to get info. And this helped me so I wanted to help others.

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 10:42 am
Speaking as a mod;

Threads more than a month old should not be bumped and definitely not for posting websites and ads. It costs money to put an ad on this website. If you want to post an ad, you must contact Yael, the admin. You can PM her at this link: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....p;u=3

In general spamming the board with the same post after post bumping up old threads is just not polite internet etiquette.

If you have more questions about this, please reread our new user guide

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....e.php

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 10:44 am
Applekugel wrote:
I search for old threads to get info. And this helped me so I wanted to help others.

You should know for the future that bumping up many old threads & posting the same advertisement in each of the threads, is just not proper & very annoying & not helpful.

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:08 am
singleagain wrote:
Speaking as a mod;

Threads more than a month old should not be bumped and definitely not for posting websites and ads. It costs money to put an ad on this website. If you want to post an ad, you must contact Yael, the admin. You can PM her at this link: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....p;u=3

In general spamming the board with the same post after post bumping up old threads is just not polite internet etiquette.

If you have more questions about this, please reread our new user guide

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....e.php

Guilty of bumping old threads early this morning- but specifically bec I was hoping that the people I need to find will still be following that thread.

Eta, no ads though!

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:10 am
amother Currant wrote:
Guilty of bumping old threads early this morning- but specifically bec I was hoping that the people I need to find will still be following that thread.

Eta, no ads though!

How were your bumping? Was it a contributing/following up post? Those are usually okay. But please realize that no one owes anyone a follow up. If for whatever reason an OP decides not to reply that is her right. Just don't continuously bump up threads.

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:12 am
singleagain wrote:
How were your bumping? Was it a contributing/following up post? Those are usually okay. But please realize that no one owes anyone a follow up. If for whatever reason an OP decides not to reply that is her right. Just don't continuously bump up threads.

No, not as a follow up. I’ll pm u

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:20 am
amother Currant wrote:
No, not as a follow up. I’ll pm u

Of course. Anytime.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 11:22 am
Applekugel wrote:

If other people need this information, they can find it the same way that you did. In the meantime, this is not information that anyone asked for.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 12:43 pm
I caught myself when I was a new poster. I made an account because I needed information about something. I looked through threads on the topic, was going to post a reply...and realized it was 5 years old. This was back when the related threads on bottom weren't restricted to recent threads. It was easy to get pulled into a rabbit hole of a specific topic and forget to check the date.

It's also a bit of a learning curve for new posters that all responses to different forums end up on the main page. Not everyone reads the new user's guide. (Don't look at me, I'm way to anxious not to have read everything before even thinking about posting).

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 7:38 pm
I bmp up my recipe threads especially if someone requests it. I don't thinkanythingis wrong with that.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 7:56 pm
amother Pewter wrote:
I caught myself when I was a new poster. I made an account because I needed information about something. I looked through threads on the topic, was going to post a reply...and realized it was 5 years old. This was back when the related threads on bottom weren't restricted to recent threads. It was easy to get pulled into a rabbit hole of a specific topic and forget to check the date.

It's also a bit of a learning curve for new posters that all responses to different forums end up on the main page. Not everyone reads the new user's guide. (Don't look at me, I'm way to anxious not to have read everything before even thinking about posting).

Did the same mistake!
The thread title caught my attention at the bottom so I quickly opened it.
It was for advice what to do with her baby and I responded to her the op actually responded saying the kid was 13 😂 not colicky anymore Baruch hashem. I was so confused. My eyesight isn't the greatest and I honestly can't see the date on the thread. I assumed it was new because why would I be able to get to such an old thread

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 8:02 pm
What adds get bumped when bumping a thread?
If I go to a thread from years ago I'll see old adds?

bbhem5

Post Mon, Nov 06 2023, 8:08 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I bmp up my recipe threads especially if someone requests it. I don't thinkanythingis wrong with that.

Please don't stop, chocolate moose! I know I'm not the only one who uses your tried and true recipes!

amother
Daylily

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 1:59 am
I don't get why there can't be a disclaimer on old threads 'this thread is napping' or something similar, like I've seen on other sites. People often don't bother looking at the date on threads and can post an answer to threads as if it's current. If there was something warning them, it would be so much easier to prevent this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette