Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Gun safety

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 11:39 pm
With all that’s recently happening I am serious about applying for a gun in Brooklyn. I am not sure how go through the process.
Is there anyone that can guide me from beginning to end? Are there people that specialize is doing that?

Thank you!

amother
Lily

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 1:12 am
amother OP wrote:
With all that’s recently happening I am serious about applying for a gun in Brooklyn. I am not sure how go through the process.
Is there anyone that can guide me from beginning to end? Are there people that specialize is doing that?

Thank you!

https://nysjewishgunclub.com/n.....rmit/

this might help.

I just applied in monsey Wink
gluck!

amother
Daisy

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 1:32 am
Yes there are people who do this.
Last week someone in my OOT community gave an 8 hour full class about everything

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 6:27 am
amother Lily wrote:
https://nysjewishgunclub.com/nyc-pistol-permit/

this might help.

I just applied in monsey Wink
gluck!

Thank you so much!
NYC is a bit different with the character reference I think and that’s what’s confusing me.
On the application it just asks for names address and their signature- but here it says they need to write a letter?

amother
Lily

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 10:38 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you so much!
NYC is a bit different with the character reference I think and that’s what’s confusing me.
On the application it just asks for names address and their signature- but here it says they need to write a letter?

In rockland we just put the names addresses and signatures of the references on the application, and when the sheriffs office is doing the background check they send a questionnaire or something to the references that they need to fill out and send back. Maybe that’s what they mean by letter? I’m not sure tho.
U cud reach out to the gun club, their contact info should be somewhere on the website. They’re really helpful.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 10:41 am
In NYC it’s about a year long process. You don’t need anyone to guide you, just fill out the paperwork, follow instructions, character reference, domestic partner, forms, etc. Then send it in and wait.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:03 am
amother OP wrote:

Thank you!

I started this process a few years ago and recently got my gun license. Since starting to carry and the further I delve into the education and understanding about personal safety and gun safety, the more I realize that having a handgun gives very little protection against threats. It doesn’t help against nuclear, biological or chemical weapons, Mob violence, fires, automatic weapons, etc.

Paul kessler in LA wouldn’t have been allowed to have a gun at a protest, and if he fired the first shot in self defense, he would likely be serving a life sentence or have been lynched

Ain lanu al mi lhishael aleh avinu shebashamayim!!

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Nov 10 2023, 11:07 am
While true we look st it as part of our hishtadlus

Those in kibbutzim targeted who had weapons fared far better

Best and true protection of course Hashem
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries