Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Cleveland Realtors
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 3:42 am
Who are the realtors who know the frum market and are reliable and trustworthy?
Specifically looking at Cleveland Heights, because of the crowd and the low prices, but want someone with a knowledge of the entire market. Preferably someone who also has knowledge of rentals because we are considering renting for a bit while we see where the interest rates go....

I have a remote job- dont worry that we will become a strain on the community

Thanks!

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 6:26 am
Gavin septon, tziporah sonnenshein, ruti wolf

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 6:28 am
Highly recommend Ruti Wolf

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 8:38 am
First see if you can get into school

YDT doesn't make it easy to get into unless you come for a kollel or chinuch position. (Not saying you absolutely can't get in, just that it's hard, and you might not be able to.)

Not sure Abt HAC.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 8:39 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
Gavi septon, tziporah sonnenshein, ruti wolf

Does tziporah sonnenchein deal withCH?

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 9:04 am
From where are you moving?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 9:05 am
amother Cobalt wrote:
Does tziporah sonnenchein deal withCH?

Yes

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 9:44 am
The Socher Team
216-755-4442

Ask for coby

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 1:58 pm
We are currently in kollel Israel, and will be moving in 2-3 years to Cleveland, and my husband will probably join the kollel (he has friends and relatives there).

We want to start looking at the market because we believe that as the high interest rates are sustained, there will be deals to be had (people who need to sell, and less buyers = lower prices).
We are looking for a deal, and are willing to wait. We would like to rent the property out until we are ready to leave Israel....

Who would be the best address for this kind of thing? And who would have relationships with propery managers so we can asses what the cost of that would be.

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:02 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
The Socher Team
216-755-4442

Ask for coby

I used Shoshana Socher and I HIGHLY recommend her!! (no offense to her son Coby, I just don't know him! Smile

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
We are currently in kollel Israel, and will be moving in 2-3 years to Cleveland, and my husband will probably join the kollel (he has friends and relatives there).

We want to start looking at the market because we believe that as the high interest rates are sustained, there will be deals to be had (people who need to sell, and less buyers = lower prices).
We are looking for a deal, and are willing to wait. We would like to rent the property out until we are ready to leave Israel....

Who would be the best address for this kind of thing? And who would have relationships with propery managers so we can asses what the cost of that would be.

I'm laughing at "THE kollel." There are 3 in our little 4x6 block neighborhood of CH.

Curious why you think there will be less buyers this year than 3 years from now? There are always too few houses for sale in the neighborhood, and there can be bidding wars.

Why don't you reach out to your husband's friends and relatives?

There are property managers in the neighborhood, but I don't feel comfortable mentioning their names online.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 12 2023, 11:24 pm
Definitely ruti wolf and gavi septon could tell you who the property managers are.

Btw there was a home purchased in CH and supposedly the new owner couldn't get their kids into school, so they just rent it out...
That can happen

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 6:03 am
amother Cobalt wrote:
I'm laughing at "THE kollel." There are 3 in our little 4x6 block neighborhood of CH.

Curious why you think there will be less buyers this year than 3 years from now? There are always too few houses for sale in the neighborhood, and there can be bidding wars.

Why don't you reach out to your husband's friends and relatives?

There are property managers in the neighborhood, but I don't feel comfortable mentioning their names online.

Lol - I meant the kollel that his friends are in. We have reached out and got mixed reviews of who to use, and all of them moved in right away - we need something that will be rentable and someone who can guide us to property management.

Right now the interest rates are high, which is slowing down all of the markets. But in general the idea is that we would have 3 years to wait for the right property to come up, rather then just having to jump on whatever is available in the time frame we need.

Just looking at Zillow, there have been homes that are obviously frum in CH are sitting for a while, even lowering, the asking prices which seems to indicate that Cleveland is like the rest of the country, where the market has slowed down, and doesn't have the bidding wars that existed when the interest rates where incredibly low.

Its true that in 3 years it can be even worse, when more people get more desperate to sell, but most people I speak to think that either the market will jump back, as people get used to the higher rates (which historically are not actually so bad) or they will go back down, which will create a larger demand again.

In general, we have the money now (wedding money and my savings), have been approved for a mortgage now, and would rather have renters start to pay off the mortgage, instead of putting it into a CD with a 5% interest rate, that would be taxable when we take it out.

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 6:49 am
amother OP wrote:
Lol - I meant the kollel that his friends are in. We have reached out and got mixed reviews of who to use, and all of them moved in right away - we need something that will be rentable and someone who can guide us to property management.

Right now the interest rates are high, which is slowing down all of the markets. But in general the idea is that we would have 3 years to wait for the right property to come up, rather then just having to jump on whatever is available in the time frame we need.

Just looking at Zillow, there have been homes that are obviously frum in CH are sitting for a while, even lowering, the asking prices which seems to indicate that Cleveland is like the rest of the country, where the market has slowed down, and doesn't have the bidding wars that existed when the interest rates where incredibly low.

Its true that in 3 years it can be even worse, when more people get more desperate to sell, but most people I speak to think that either the market will jump back, as people get used to the higher rates (which historically are not actually so bad) or they will go back down, which will create a larger demand again.

In general, we have the money now (wedding money and my savings), have been approved for a mortgage now, and would rather have renters start to pay off the mortgage, instead of putting it into a CD with a 5% interest rate, that would be taxable when we take it out.

If a home in the frum area is sitting for a while and the asking price has been lowered, it’s a red flag. Houses get sold in minutes. Before they even hit the market.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 7:56 am
Buy on a less "hot" block bc in 3 years it will probably be more busy. Like Bainbridge, blanche, etc.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 8:00 am
We used Coby Socher twice, and we’re very very happy. He and his mom know Cleveland inside and out.

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 8:17 am
amother Sapphire wrote:
We used Coby Socher twice, and we’re very very happy. He and his mom know Cleveland inside and out.

Yes they do and they are excellent. but for Cleveland heights I would use ruti wolf. She’s knows the “culture” of the neighborhood better.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 8:22 am
amother Pistachio wrote:
If a home in the frum area is sitting for a while and the asking price has been lowered, it’s a red flag. Houses get sold in minutes. Before they even hit the market.

This.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 8:24 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
Buy on a less "hot" block bc in 3 years it will probably be more busy. Like Bainbridge, blanche, etc.

I would only do that on the first or beginning of second if blanche, and within the first 10 houses on second block Bainbridge.

Most blocks don't have immediate turnarounds like what happened on Harvey and Janette (I'm assuming OP means for that kollel Wink )

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 8:31 am
amother OP wrote:

I recommended ruti wolf or gavi septon for realtor, but perhaps ruti wolf would be better in terms of figuring out things with you re renting it out.

The houses sitting in CH either have a real issue (structural, size, or location) or were put on the market after it was over..the heat of the market here is between purim and pesach until July. A house that went up July or Aug isn't getting sold as fast. Most houses that are on. the market that get bought are purchased earlier so families can move in.

Otherwise, new houses come on the market or people share word of mouth and they are gone before you even hear Abt them. There can still be bidding wars here.

Ok, you really want to buy now.
I do recommend you DO NOT buy without coming and seeing the house. Here are some examples of why:

Ex:
One of the new families did that- had people look at the house, give their opinion on location... But they didn't tell her that the house reeked of smoke.

Ex-
Some families buy as fast as they could, where they could afford, on one of the blocks mentioned... But even though it's not far out, it IS. They are chutz lamachaneh by 700 feet (I'm not exaggerating).
You don't really understand the nuances of the blocks until you've lived here for a year.

Ex-
Realtors (or anyone!) take pictures that make houses look big when they really are not.

For all these reasons, and I'm sure we can entertain more, not only would I not recommend buying sight unseen in person, but I wld recommend renting for s year first
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating