Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Will more girls stay in us
Previous  1  2

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 4:14 pm
If someone doesn't mind sharing what are the tuition prices like now for an American seminary?

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 4:20 pm
There's not much of a point in seminary if girls stay in the US. College\night shiurim is the way to go. Class after class sans tiyulim and Shabbos chavayos is not super tempting

amother
  Arcticblue

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 4:44 pm
amother Navy wrote:
There's not much of a point in seminary if girls stay in the US. College\night shiurim is the way to go. Class after class sans tiyulim and Shabbos chavayos is not super tempting

Yup.

amother
  Quince

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 4:47 pm
keym wrote:
Particularly dorms open over the weekend like in EY.
If I am from OOT, and I don't really have family in the tristate area, sending to any of those tristate seminaries is not really an option. What's my daughter going to do every Shabbos and Sunday?

Why would US seminary dorms be closed for the weekend?

keym

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 4:51 pm
amother Quince wrote:
Why would US seminary dorms be closed for the weekend?

Thats the reality in the Lakewood/Brooklyn seminaries that my daughter and her friends look into.
Dorm from Sunday night until Friday, go home for the weekend, except a few scheduled weekends.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 6:13 pm
amother Navy wrote:

Disagree. Both my girls had a fantastic seminary year in the US. And they definitely had trips, both within the US and to Israel, there were seminary Shabbosos to different destinations, and they formed strong friendships with other girls.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 7:34 pm
I recommend reb asaf seminary in brooklyn. my daughter went there and loved it and gained so much. we are from lakewood and she got the best of both worlds - away from home dorm experience great new friends AND she came home almost every shabbos and for most family simchas too.
I think lakewood schools should be recomending it much more than they do

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 2:19 pm
amother above- can you tell us about the lakewood ones that you think should be recommended?

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Dec 20 2023, 2:53 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Disagree. Both my girls had a fantastic seminary year in the US. And they definitely had trips, both within the US and to Israel, there were seminary Shabbosos to different destinations, and they formed strong friendships with other girls.

It’s so nice to hear you can have a fantastic year in a local Seminary. What sem(s) did they go to, if you don’t mind my asking? Would love to hear more about the trips in the US/Israel.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info