Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I’m so sad. I thought this was it. I can’t for DH.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 7:39 am
We’ve struggled financially for years. Like had to accept tzeddaka kind of struggle. My DH is super super talented and extremely hardworking and devoted. He built up a business for someone from scratch and worked very very hard on it as an employee. The pay was peanuts and he is worth so much more than that. He got an offer at the beginning of this year from another place with double the pay. Finally! He gave it his all and BH BH things started looking up. Well, the boss just told him that they recognize how hard he’s working but the production time they had in mind is slower than what they wanted. (It isn’t possible to produce what they want in the amount of time they want it. My DH spoke to two experts in the same field just to make sure and they agreed with him. This company hired my husband for his expertise in this field and they don’t know much about the effort it takes to produce what they want. He explained all this to them.) Now they told him they need to cut his pay unless he produces x amount in x amount of time which isn’t really possible. He’s killing himself, working every waking minute and going to bed at 2 AM every night. He’s exhausted and irritable and it’s not sustainable this way. I’m so sad for him. He’s taking it really hard that it seems Hashem just wants us to be poor no matter what efforts he puts in.

jflower

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 7:54 am
This is so heartbreaking to read. I'm hoping things turn around for you soon. Can your husband look around for another job?

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 7:56 am
Op,sending hugs. I feel for you.

My DH works super hard & parts of his business aren't doing well. I cry for him.

All we can do is daven.

tweety1

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 10:09 am
Is there a way he can have his boss do his own inquiries to find out for himself what the expected time is? Sounds like the boss doesn't believe/trust him. Let him do his own research to see for himself that your husband is right.

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 10:12 am
It seems like he’s an expert in his field. Can he get investors and start his own company? Why should he work for someone else and be dependent on their whims?

Growing

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 10:52 am
that is incredibly difficult
may this difficulty serve as a kaparah for you and your family so you know no other suffering

from the bottom things can only go up
how can you strengthen your heart?
pump up your level of bitachon?

you sound like an incredibly caring and devoted wife

sometimes Hashem waits for our tefillos and even if we've been davening
I read that it's compared to childbirth
for the shefa to come down to this world it needs to push through
sometimes we need more tefillos to help push it so to speak

also; remember - that things can always turn around - in miraculous ways
and it has - for many people
hang in there with positivity
with gratitude to the One Above for all his blessings including the blessing of talent; and motivation to want to work hard

may you return here with good news soon
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics