Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Things that make you think, wow they are really wealthy!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

jerusalem90

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 6:30 pm
"We have a Butler".

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 6:31 pm
A wing for the household help and a full staff of help.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 6:32 pm
When they buy their sil a new suit and hat because they making a simcha for the next child a few months after the wedding and he just got them.

Building a mikvah in the house

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 6:39 pm
Someone I know built a beautiful, huge house. Five years later they decided they prefer to live around the corner, so they bought a piece of property, built another beautiful, huge house and sold the original house.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 6:40 pm
lamplighter wrote:
When I was a kid it was someone who had a pull out garbage and a fridge that was covered in matching wood of the cabinets.

Lol when I was a kid it was having a built in water and crushed ice dispenser in the fridge.

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:11 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
Or when the Mikva is in your basement Wink

Do ppl really have that?

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:16 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
Do ppl really have that?

I know a bunch who do. None are very rich. Most who have it hold that men have to go every morning.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:17 pm
Tao wrote:
OK I hear a lot of things but I've never heard of someone bringing 8 sheitels for one shabbos. Or even owning 8 sheitels that they actually wear at one point in time. I mean, there aren't even enough days in the week.

My MIL has over 20 bless her.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:20 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
I know a bunch who do. None are very rich. Most who have it hold that men have to go every morning.

Most shuls have a mikvah for the men to use every day for a small fee.
Dh and sons go every day and no we dont have one.
Its more the wealthy people that have one

amother
Eggshell

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:21 pm
amother Brass wrote:
Someone that has no debt.

We live on under 50k a year, a nice amount of kids kah and no debt bh!

Einikel

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:22 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:

Wow! Can I ask how?

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:23 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:

Wow can you please elaborate? Do you have mortgage? Pay tuition? Get government assistance? Get helped by tzedaka programs?

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:25 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
Do ppl really have that?

More then you think

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:40 pm
Tao wrote:
Well, chasdei Hashem I was only born with one head! LOL

That would be me if I was rich 🤑 Dh always says if we were rich I’d give it all away to tzedakah because I’m such a mush and anyone who came asking id give

amother
Eggplant

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:42 pm
I know someone that redid the kitchen and then decided that there wasnt enough natural light. They ripped out everything and put a new kitchen in a different spot.

Then they decided that they want to live in a different neighborhood. I wasn't privy to their renovation updates anymore

amother
Eggshell

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 7:45 pm
Einikel wrote:
Wow! Can I ask how?

Yes, we have gotten help from tzedaka programs for Yomim tovim and when we made weddings, we have been on programs like Medicaid (food stamps for only a few years many years ago). We moved far away from family to where it would be affordable.
We only spend within our means and no extras. When we get a windfall of any sort it goes into savings or in the past, toward the principle of our mortgage. Our mortgage has been paid for many years and we get good breaks on our tuition. But like I said, we don’t live anywhere near family and made other sacrifices to accomplish this.

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 10:07 pm
-In Brooklyn, someone I know buys properties of houses surrounding theirs so they don’t have to deal with neighbors. Oh, and their old house (which is nice, just not a mansion) and its surrounding properties just sit empty.
-Someone else I know has his Brooklyn house sitting empty, only the housekeeper comes by to clean it once a week.
-People that can buy all their married kids houses in-town.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 10:17 pm
Their summer 'cottage' is a 5+ bedroom, 2 story house with a finished basement. With an attached guest house. All on their own huge property where you drive 1/2 mile on their property before you even reach the house. And each married child has a house on same property, but far enough apart from each other that they all have privacy.
Full time caretaker-whose house is built on the property too.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 11:52 pm
Ironically, my dh has become actually wealthy and we don't do a single thing anyone has mentioned here, except full time help, no live in. We live in a tiny house, our couch is against a wall, no vacations. We spend that money on charity. And we like it.

Tao

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 12:14 am
amother Thistle wrote:
-In Brooklyn, someone I know buys properties of houses surrounding theirs so they don’t have to deal with neighbors. Oh, and their old house (which is nice, just not a mansion) and its surrounding properties just sit empty.
-Someone else I know has his Brooklyn house sitting empty, only the housekeeper comes by to clean it once a week.
-People that can buy all their married kids houses in-town.

I'm fluctuating between "She just made that up" and "You can't make this stuff up!"
LOL

Can't Believe It
Page 6 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics