Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What to do about a neighbor who has multiple families..
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 11:14 am
Who live in 1 house, For example, imagine you have a bilevel and rent it out to 1 person and that person rents out to a few different families.
I have a neighbor who does this and it really changes the dynamic of the block…. Think, at least 10 cars, the unkept appearance of the house, the mess, the noise…
Is there something I can do about it? Is this even legal?

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 11:19 am
It's probably not legal but think about the ramifications of your actions for all parties involved before you take action.

amother
Oleander

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 11:21 am
amother OP wrote:
Who live in 1 house, For example, imagine you have a bilevel and rent it out to 1 person and that person rents out to a few different families.
I have a neighbor who does this and it really changes the dynamic of the block…. Think, at least 10 cars, the unkept appearance of the house, the mess, the noise…
Is there something I can do about it? Is this even legal?

Does your neigbor own their house, live there and rent out the other portion to someone who then sublets parts of their apartment?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 12:48 pm
Jewish owner. Rents it out to a non-community member. This guy rents it to a few families. It’s a small single family house.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 12:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
Jewish owner. Rents it out to a non-community member. This guy rents it to a few families. It’s a small single family house.

Does the owner know his tenant is doing this?

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 1:00 pm
It’s not legal. But if it’s illegal immigrants occupying it which most are in these situations, good luck getting anywhere.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 3:32 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
Does the owner know his tenant is doing this?

He knows and he doesn’t care. He is just getting his money and that’s all he cares about

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 3:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
He knows and he doesn’t care. He is just getting his money and that’s all he cares about

Unfortunately this is a problem in all new areas of Lakewood until the area is built up enough that it's worth it for these owners to sell. I've had it on my block.

I've heard of Neighbors speaking to the local Rav, but a lot of times these landlords couldn't care less.

Reporting it might be an issue of malshin, but it doesn't hurt for you to call and ask a Rav what to do.

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 4:25 pm
You sound entitled. If you don't like it, buy off the house, otherwise suck it up and learn how to live with people.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 4:35 pm
The whole block is Jewish. He bought the house when the market is high. Someone offered him a few hundred thousand more than what he bought it for and but the owner does not want to sell.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 4:35 pm
amother Jade wrote:
You sound entitled. If you don't like it, buy off the house, otherwise suck it up and learn how to live with people.

How does she sound entitled? This is very illegal and she points out that it changes the dynamics of the block hamayvin yavin. Why so harsh?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 4:38 pm
amother Jade wrote:

Ummm….
You have drug dealers, big parties, 10-15 extra cars parked every night, mess that spills onto your property… and then see how you feel.
If the owner would like to put in one tenant (even non community) I would not complain..

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 4:42 pm
amother Jade wrote:

As someone who has also lived in a neighborhood like this, she's 100% not entitled especially when nobody would have a single issue reporting a house like this if the owner was not Jewish because it is 100% illegal.

A legal one family home is not allowed to be rented out to multiple families.

Op, every time they make a party late or you think they're selling drugs call the cops.
Hv neighbors call the cops. If you make it annoying enough either they will stop or want to move out.

amother
Mimosa

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 4:46 pm
I have this in the apartment next door to me. The lease specifically states that you can't sublease. The worst is that the sun tenants keep on changing so there is nothing consistent. There is nothing to do about it as they won't evict such tenants.

kenz

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 5:02 pm
amother Jade wrote:

And you sound like a landlord who will rent to anyone as long as you get your money regardless of how anyone else is affected.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 5:51 pm
amother OP wrote:

Have you spoken with him about it?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 5:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ummm….
You have drug dealers, big parties, 10-15 extra cars parked every night, mess that spills onto your property… and then see how you feel.
If the owner would like to put in one tenant (even non community) I would not complain..

This is terrible! Are any of the tenants Jewish? If not, it would change my perspective on if I get involved.

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 5:58 pm
amother Jade wrote:

My thoughts exactly

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 6:05 pm
kenz wrote:
And you sound like a landlord who will rent to anyone as long as you get your money regardless of how anyone else is affected.

I'm a tenant on a block full of entitled people thinking they can control everyone who is not exactly like them.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 6:11 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
My thoughts exactly

Did you not see her post about drug dealers and parties? I think every neighbor has the right to not deal with such behavior.

And this is coming from a tenant who's landlord rents illegal apartments. I totally see how the extra cars can be annoying. I would ask that if this was the only issue, to let it go. Sounds like there are much bigger issues though...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries