Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Evenflo shyft for twins?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 12:07 am
Has anyone used the Evenflo Shyft for twins? I know between carpools has a post on how to connect 2 doonas but I'm wondering if I can do the same with the new Evenflo.
Any other creative solution for infant car seats for twins? I really don't want to go the double snap and go route... I'm in and out of my car often so need something convenient and not too bulky...

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 12:32 am
2 car seats attached to a stroller frame. You could do that with a UPPAbaby, bugaboo donkey. You have to buy the car seat that attaches to the frame .every car seat has a specific adapter, but if you buy the same co.pany as the stroller, it is less complicated I think.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 12:12 am
amother Lightblue wrote:
2 car seats attached to a stroller frame. You could do that with a UPPAbaby, bugaboo donkey. You have to buy the car seat that attaches to the frame .every car seat has a specific adapter, but if you buy the same co.pany as the stroller, it is less complicated I think.

Thanks for the response!
I was thinking that but that seems like a shlepp to take out too and big and bulky...
I have the city select stroller which I could do that with but I also don't love how one is so low at the bottom, I wouldn't want a newborn so far from me and close to little people hands to stick in and touch the baby...
I really wanted to get a doona or the Evenflo this time round and I have a family member that is going to sponsor it but now that I know its twins that's is throwing me for the loop and I'm trying to come up with a solution to that....

teachkids

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 3:27 am
Having to attach 2 single strollers and then push that hobbled together thing is not any easier than a double snap n go...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 7:24 am
teachkids wrote:
Having to attach 2 single strollers and then push that hobbled together thing is not any easier than a double snap n go...

Yep that's true but I can't imagine I would be often going out alone with them... Main places I would go would be to and from school when I start teaching again and at least on the way there I would have my big kids with me and they can help bring one in. The way back I finish earlier but their are always ppl around that would be willing to help plus I could pull the car up to the front door and load one at a time.
Other then that I don't really plan to take them out that much unless I have someone else with me... as mentioned I do have a good double stroller that I can use when I want to go to the park down the block or for walking around locally etc.
Having two singles also means it will be easier to take one out and leave the other at home etc...

amother
NeonGreen

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 8:17 am
A little reality check……
Nothing with twins is going to be quick.
The convenience of doona or shyft is not going to be so convenient when you have two…
A family member had twins and she got two Doonas. She does not connect them. She just pushes two (or push and pull).
Good car seats are not cheap, so price out what it would be to have twin frame plus two car seats versus two shyfts/doonas.
But in any case, you aren’t looking at quick or easy. And getting in/out of the house/car is going to take a lot more time.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 8:26 am
amother OP wrote:
Yep that's true but I can't imagine I would be often going out alone with them... Main places I would go would be to and from school when I start teaching again and at least on the way there I would have my big kids with me and they can help bring one in. The way back I finish earlier but their are always ppl around that would be willing to help plus I could pull the car up to the front door and load one at a time.
Other then that I don't really plan to take them out that much unless I have someone else with me... as mentioned I do have a good double stroller that I can use when I want to go to the park down the block or for walking around locally etc.
Having two singles also means it will be easier to take one out and leave the other at home etc...

What do you have against the double snap n go? Its amazing. My twins are 18 and 12 and it improved between them and was amazing then. I was out and about all the time with my twins, ESPECIALLY to the babysitter. You flop open the smap n go and plop each one in. It doesnt push like a dream but it fine anywhere with a sidewalk or a store.

You really want your stroller situation to be simple and manuravable, even more than witb singles.
And you will likely go out with them. They are not that overwhelming once theyre a few months old --- you say so yourself you at least need to bring then home from work yourself.

You yourself are saying that the doona option requires you to rely on people (who are not even your family) to help you leave childcare/ work every day. Why is that acceptable for you? Why does that sound in any wat good or convenient for you?

You are so much better off with a double snap go or other type of option. Buy a single snap n go for the occasions youre taking one twin out if youre worried about it (admittedly I owned a single when I had twins to did not have to buy, but I also used it only a handful of times per twin set.) Thats seriously your better life option, (though not as fashionable). Unless you are having tremendous amounts of help you will need function to trump fashion.

My twins predate doonas so I never contemplated attaching them, but I still have babies and I just cannot imagine that's a convenient or practical way to live (though admittedly have not read the article on how to do that)......however I really should let the new twin mommies respond.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 10:52 am
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
What do you have against the double snap n go? Its amazing. My twins are 18 and 12 and it improved between them and was amazing then. I was out and about all the time with my twins, ESPECIALLY to the babysitter. You flop open the smap n go and plop each one in. It doesnt push like a dream but it fine anywhere with a sidewalk or a store.

You really want your stroller situation to be simple and manuravable, even more than witb singles.
And you will likely go out with them. They are not that overwhelming once theyre a few months old --- you say so yourself you at least need to bring then home from work yourself.

You yourself are saying that the doona option requires you to rely on people (who are not even your family) to help you leave childcare/ work every day. Why is that acceptable for you? Why does that sound in any wat good or convenient for you?

You are so much better off with a double snap go or other type of option. Buy a single snap n go for the occasions youre taking one twin out if youre worried about it (admittedly I owned a single when I had twins to did not have to buy, but I also used it only a handful of times per twin set.) Thats seriously your better life option, (though not as fashionable). Unless you are having tremendous amounts of help you will need function to trump fashion.

My twins predate doonas so I never contemplated attaching them, but I still have babies and I just cannot imagine that's a convenient or practical way to live (though admittedly have not read the article on how to do that)......however I really should let the new twin mommies respond.

You make some very good points and you are right I guess I need someone to knocl some sense into me... This whole twin thing was a big surprise to me and I'm still slowly wrapping my head around it.
My last few I had a reg snap and go and Graco car seat which worked fine but my snap and go does not work well anymore so I was planning on replacing it anyways this time round and I won't lie these new all in ones seemed very convenient to me and yes peer pressure Wink everyone has them nowadays even in my OOT community... Plus someone is sponsoring it for me so that made it even more appealing. Thai I was all before I found out I was having twins though so I have to give it more thought.

And good to know I will be able to hopefully get out eventually, really knowing me I will make myself get out especially as these are babies 6 and 7 IY"H KA"H I won't really have a choice...

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 11:02 am
I hear you, before I knew I was having twins I thought I'd get a doona. I ended up getting the mesa carseats for the uppababy vista frame (I already owned)

The uppa baby frame and wheels are much sturdier than a snap and go.

I highly recommend that route

scintilla

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 11:04 am
Speak to twin moms, see what people do in your situation (I know that's what you're doing here;) I mean keep doing it). I don't have twins but I have 2 close in age and I briefly used 2 doonas, let me tell you it was not a great experience. It's much harder than pushing one doona, which I find very smooth and easy; it was very wide and didn't fit through all doorways, and there was always one stroller a little ahead of the other. Plus I always needed two hands, one on each doona, otherwise the one I wasn't holding would bang into the other one and upset the baby.

I think car seats and either a snap n go or a stroller you can snap them into is a much better idea. But nothing with 2 babies at once is going to be super smooth pushing...

Once they were both old enough to sit and I could use a double stroller, I found it much much easier. Though then you still have to transfer from car seats. So it's just what you will find better, the transferring from the car to stroller or clicking in the car seats.

bnm

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 1:43 pm
Not a twin mother but worked with a few sets of twins at work and a double snap n go seems more manageable. Takes an extra step to unload from the car but you can do it independently. 2 doonas gets harder to push.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 1:59 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
I hear you, before I knew I was having twins I thought I'd get a doona. I ended up getting the mesa carseats for the uppababy vista frame (I already owned)

The uppa baby frame and wheels are much sturdier than a snap and go.

I highly recommend that route

There’s nothing like a Bugaboo donkey with clicking in car seats. You can shrink it to one carriage eventually, if you go out with one and without the seats, it’s really Not that clumsy as a snapping go.

bnm

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 2:25 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
There’s nothing like a Bugaboo donkey with clicking in car seats. You can shrink it to one carriage eventually, if you go out with one and without the seats, it’s really Not that clumsy as a snapping go.

Donkey is way more complicated to fold in and out of a car and takes up more space.

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 3:02 pm
What about valco? Folds super easy and with adapters you can add 2 car seats. I have mine with maxi cosi

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 3:10 pm
I had twins recently and have two doonas, I am very happy BH. I already had one doona so it wasn't such a huge investment and I never leave the house without help (I work from home so the only place they go is to the dr). I love that they can be separated and that I can push one and someone else can push another so it's not always so bulky to get around. When I do connect them and go for a walk, it's a pretty smooth push. I really don't have any complaints. I would recommend buying one that's lightly used so will be cheaper and you probably won't have use for two of them again so quickly..

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 3:18 pm
Thanks for all your insights, it's really helpful!

After giving it much more thought I think what is probably best for me is to use the city select frame that I already have from my other kids (never used it as a snap and go though I had a lightweight snap and go frame) and maybe investing in the car seats that baby jogger now makes that I'm pretty sure clicks right in (The Graco car seat I have now needs adapters to click in).

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 4:42 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
What about valco? Folds super easy and with adapters you can add 2 car seats. I have mine with maxi cosi

Are you sure you can add two car seats to that cuz I thought not
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics