Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Looking for any info/reviews on Neurolinks therapy please
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 6:12 pm
Hi
Seen this advertised and sounds interesting.

DH not convinced as doesn't see any professional accreditation or evidence etc.

Has anyone used this and can give me some feedback?

Thank you.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 6:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi
Seen this advertised and sounds interesting.

DH not convinced as doesn't see any professional accreditation or evidence etc.

Has anyone used this and can give me some feedback?

Thank you.

Hmmm… I personally have a lot of experience from different angles.
What exactly do you want to know?

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 6:53 pm
Do your research.

It did not work for us personally, we quit mid-program

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 8:06 pm
Listen to your husband.

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 8:08 pm
I don’t have experience but view it as preying on the vulnerable.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 10:15 pm
Huge waste of time and money for us. I wish someone would have told us to keep away…

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:06 pm
Wow thanks so much for responding, so glad I asked

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:27 pm
I am currently in the middle of the program with my son.
We are BH seeing lots of success.
I know two other mothers in my kids school that also did it and were very happy.
If you want to be in touch with me directly, post here, and we can figure it out.

eta: it doesn't surprise me at all that not everyone is successful. First off, I do think that there are some practiconers that are better trained than others (and therefore, the kid will have a better experience). Also, some of the offices are pushier than others, and will likely push the program even if your kid doesn't have much to gain from it.

behappy2

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:57 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
I know two other mothers in my kids school that also did it and were very happy.
If you want to be in touch with me directly, post here, and we can figure it out.

eta: it doesn't surprise me at all that not everyone is successful. First off, I do think that there are some practiconers that are better trained than others (and therefore, the kid will have a better experience). Also, some of the offices are pushier than others, and will likely push the program even if your kid doesn't have much to gain from it.

What kind of kids gain the most from it? What kind of underlying problems?

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:21 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:

There is no evidence in all of medical literature to purport that performing certain vistibuloocular exercises will have any effect on cognition/attention/ executive function.

I am happy that you were helped but that is purely a placebo effect. I have looked into this extensively since I get a lot of questions from prospective clients who know I am an expert on the subject. This is snake oil salesmanship who prey on people (not intentionally, I beleive they truly think it works) who know nothing about neuroscience.

Signed by someone who has a doctorate in the subject.

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:05 pm
They did the evaluation for my son , told me he was the ideal candidate to see huge success. Halfway through he was miserable and we saw no difference . We stopped the program.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:30 pm
amother Holly wrote:
There is no evidence in all of medical literature to purport that performing certain vistibuloocular exercises will have any effect on cognition/attention/ executive function.

I am happy that you were helped but that is purely a placebo effect. I have looked into this extensively since I get a lot of questions from prospective clients who know I am an expert on the subject. This is snake oil salesmanship who prey on people (not intentionally, I beleive they truly think it works) who know nothing about neuroscience.

Thank you for this.

What would you recommend looking into instead that does have evidence of improvement?

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:50 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Hmmm… I personally have a lot of experience from different angles.
What exactly do you want to know?

Do you recommend it?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:02 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
Do you recommend it?

It’s definitely not for everyone. Depends on what you’re looking for.
And a lot matters on which instructor you get.

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:11 pm
I've researched this extensively for one of my kids.

1. every single parent I spoke to who did see success said that there was regression when they stopped the program
2. it was about 50-50 whether it was successful or not
3. it seems to train the brain in specific executive functioning exercises a bit like occupational therapy with a good therapist can BUT the people trained as practitioners are trained with short courses and they may know lots of details but they don't UNDERSTAND what they are doing so they are often not able to adapt to be 100% specific
4. personally, if a program specifies who it works for, I can believe it. When it says it helps everyone, with all problems, I can't get past that. It makes no sense at all.
5. it is not covered by any kind of insurance and there is no money-back guarantee. That makes it very expensive.
6. you can likely get the same or better results using a decent occupational therapist with a good dollop of experience who is prepared to adapt herself to your child.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:54 pm
amother Holly wrote:

You sound very knowledgeable in this area.
Do you know any of the evidence about the interactive metronome

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for this.

What would you recommend looking into instead that does have evidence of improvement?

It depends what you are looking to solve. If it is executive function, the Brain Institute of Dallas is a real pioneer in this area:

https://centerforbrainhealth.o.....smart

If your child has convergence insufficiency or visual motion sensitivity, then very specific habituation exercises performed by a trained OT/PT can help.

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:55 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
It’s definitely not for everyone. Depends on what you’re looking for.
And a lot matters on which instructor you get.

Is it for anyone? Feels like you’re being cagey I’m trying to get a straight answer 😀

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 8:50 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
Is it for anyone? Feels like you’re being cagey I’m trying to get a straight answer 😀

I’m sorry I came across cagey.

I have spoken to people who saw results , but mostly for kids who have slight struggles. And only those who completed the program in FULL were able to see results.

I have yet to hear from anyone that it helped solve a real learning issue.

From what I know, the program is exceptionally long and difficult and extremely pricey. Plus it doesn’t help that the “owner” is quite pushy and rude once you sign up.

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 9:38 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
I’m sorry I came across cagey.

I have spoken to people who saw results , but mostly for kids who have slight struggles. And only those who completed the program in FULL were able to see results.

I have yet to hear from anyone that it helped solve a real learning issue.

From what I know, the program is exceptionally long and difficult and extremely pricey. Plus it doesn’t help that the “owner” is quite pushy and rude once you sign up.

Neurolinks is a licensee of a program called Learning Technics. you can go to the LT website and get an idea of the program. They also sell the program directly to you for a lot less money, but I think it would be really hard to do the program on your own, without an instructor.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics