Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Traveling with twin babies
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:39 pm
How do you do it? Is it possible? I was thinking that 2 doonas on the plane is possible, but then I’m stuck without a double carriage.
Anyone?

amother
Heather

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 10:02 pm
Are you alone or with another able bodied helper?
Also how old are the twins?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 10:31 pm
amother Heather wrote:
Are you alone or with another able bodied helper?
Also how old are the twins?

I would be with other adults.
Babies are approximately 5 months old.
Doona would be ok because we need it to get in and out of the cars. But it’s not really good because I can’t push 2, and it’s not really good for sleeping, and no basket.
Is it manageable?

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 10:34 pm
If you don't mind traveling with more stuff then I would assume you probably could take a double stroller plus the two doonas. I have taken a car seat and stroller many times and they never gave me an issue. You can put the double underneath for free or the doonas. I just put my car seat underneath and my stroller by the gate.

Call the airline.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 10:43 pm
I'm a twin mom but I don't even think Doonas existed back in my day (my twins are 17). Is there a clip you can buy to attach two Doonas? Wear a backpack, push both Doonas clipped together?

amother
Snowdrop

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 10:46 pm
You’re getting seats for them?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 11:06 pm
amother Daylily wrote:
If you don't mind traveling with more stuff then I would assume you probably could take a double stroller plus the two doonas. I have taken a car seat and stroller many times and they never gave me an issue. You can put the double underneath for free or the doonas. I just put my car seat underneath and my stroller by the gate.

Wow! Such a help! Didn’t know that. Thank you. That solves the issue

Call the airline.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 11:07 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
You’re getting seats for them?

No, but I think they allow the doona in the aisle? Or am I dreaming?

provent

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 11:08 pm
amother OP wrote:

Definitely no Doonas in the aisles.

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 11:09 pm
amother OP wrote:

Nope
And if you put it under the plane very good chance they’ll damage the doonas
You should get them seats and put the Doona on a seat for safety reasons

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 11:09 pm
amother OP wrote:

BIG TIME

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 11:10 pm
amother OP wrote:

No doona in the isle, you can't block the isle. If you don't have a seat for them, you'll need to check in the doona's. You can check in the car seats with your baggage & gate check a stroller.
How long is the flight? I'd recommend getting seats for them.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 11:16 pm
amother OP wrote:

How can a car seat be allowed in the aisle? How would people pass by, and how would the food and drink be served?

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 11:29 pm
Twin mom here. First of all, you can only do this with your husband. Meaning you need someone with you who is willing to take an equal hand in the chaos and work.
We had a double with car seats attached/clicked in. When we got to the gate, we asked if there was an empty seat we could be put next to, and many times there was although not always. Sometimes the back row of the plane with no reclining seats. If you can afford buying them seats it’s worth the money, otherwise it’s still totally doable just hard. We checked the stroller at the gate/entrance to the plane. Checked the car seats then as well, unless we had a seat or were given one and then took a car seat or two on board for that. BH I’ve never had a stroller or car seat get damaged after being gate checked and I’ve flown many times.
On the plane itself-if you’re each holding one and they fall asleep good luck going to the bathroom:) unless you chance waking them. Even passing a sleeping baby onto DH who also has a baby on him is hard. Sometimes we put a sleeping baby laying in the seat with one of us keeping a hand on the baby while that person went to the bathroom.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 11:30 pm
Let me know if you have other questions!

fig

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 11:41 pm
I would not rely on planes having extra seats. I haven’t had one in a while. Really consider buying seats for your babies. Pretend the adults tickets are costing more. . It’s so hard travelling with babies without juggling them on your lap the whole flight …

amother
Heather

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 11:52 pm
Best is to buy seats but if that’s not an option I’d suggest both adults wear a baby carrier so although you’re holding the baby, you’re hands free.
If you do this, you can fall asleep without worrying the baby will fall out of your arms.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 12:05 am
You can only have ONE lap baby per adult, so if you are traveling alone, you will need to buy at least one seat.

If one of the people you are traveling with is willing to hold the baby on his/her lap the whole time, THEY would need lap baby printed on THEIR ticket

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 12:06 am
Yes! Especially because many times there’s a limit of how many oxygen masks there are in a row and there might only be one lap child allowed per row.

lovetobemommy

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 12:14 am
How long is the flight?
When I flew with my twins I regretted not buying seats for them, I went with my husband, it was a long flight and we were constantly holding the babies.... no eating, no bathroom break..... I was nursing non stop because at home I nursed them together but on the narrow seats of the plane it was impossible.....
Please please buy them their own seats!
I had a mountain buggy and I was able to fit the car seats in the baskets of the mountain buggy so that was very helpful in the airport, but if I had purchased them seats they would let me take the car seats on the plane and get some rest.....
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more