Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Easy crockpot recipes
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 4:26 pm
Please share your easy delicious crockpot recipes for a working mother. Thank you!

mha3484

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 4:37 pm
I dont always use specific recipes. A lot of times Ill adapt an oven recipe for the crock. https://cooking.stackexchange......ooker

I made this recently and was very good. https://damndelicious.net/2016.....mein/ I used chicken

She has great recipes and I have tried many and never had a fail. She takes good pictures which makes me go back when I need inspo.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 4:39 pm
Meat and potatoes
Chicken and rice

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 4:57 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I dont always use specific recipes. A lot of times Ill adapt an oven recipe for the crock. https://cooking.stackexchange......ooker

I made this recently and was very good. https://damndelicious.net/2016.....mein/ I used chicken

What did you use instead of oyster sauce?

mha3484

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 5:00 pm
I found a mikees brand one that was made of mushrooms in my local grocery store. Ive used it in other asian recipes since and it adds a really nice flavor.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 5:02 pm
mha3484 wrote:

She has great recipes and I have tried many and never had a fail. She takes good pictures which makes me go back when I need inspo.

That looks delicious. Chicken breast/cutlets? Does that work cooking so many hours?

mha3484

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 5:05 pm
I really like dark meat in the slow cooker so either pargiot or legs/thighs on the bone. I think white meat gets too dry. For me, I usually have DH turn the crock to keep warm at around the 6 hour mark until I get home because she slow cooker I use gets very hot even on low and I dont like the overcooked taste. It also retains the heat on keep warm for a while.

ittsamother

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 5:14 pm
Meat and potatoes/goulash:

Put in a layer of (sautéed) onions, (or raw ones finely cut in some oil).

Sauté some meat too a little (like beef stew, club steak, flanken, etc) in a decent amount of oil, for a few minutes, with paprika, salt, pepper, garlic.

Transfer to crockpot, add chunked potatoes, add water to cover (or chicken soup with veggies for richer flavor), can throw in some chopped red peppers as well. Add some more of the spices above, cook on high for 2 hours, then switch to low.

If I want to be really efficient, I'll save the leftover broth and veggies in the fridge, and add some more meat in the next day and cook it all over again. Tastes just as yummy and you save yourself almost all the work! 2 meals for the effort of one.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 5:18 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I really like dark meat in the slow cooker so either pargiot or legs/thighs on the bone. I think white meat gets too dry. For me, I usually have DH turn the crock to keep warm at around the 6 hour mark until I get home because she slow cooker I use gets very hot even on low and I dont like the overcooked taste. It also retains the heat on keep warm for a while.

Makes sense. On the bone, and you just take off skin/bones after some cooking time?
What is sambal oelek, ground fresh chile paste, and did you use?

Thanks!

mha3484

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 5:23 pm
I skipped the chili paste only my 9 year old likes spicy food so not worth it. If you like spicy food you could probably use sriracha or anything similar.

When I use bone in, once its cooked and falling off the bone, I take it out put in a dish or something take two forks and shred. The crockpot overall is really good for this. If I want to make a recipe that involves shredding chicken making bone in chicken in the slow cooker until its extremely soft is a good use for it.

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 5:31 pm
Our favorite go to is chicken and rice with taco seasoning.

I've also done split pea soup with meat.

Itsallfromhim

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 5:38 pm
Yapchik
Chili

Fiveboyz

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 5:46 pm
Anyone ever used raw pasta and chicken put in the crock pot? How much water ? I would use chicken on the bone
Thanks

mha3484

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 5:49 pm
I like to add pasta at the end, it sucks up all the liquid and gets mushy.

Fiveboyz

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 5:52 pm
Thanks for answering . Do you mean raw pasta ?

mha3484

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 5:54 pm
Yes. Cooked already would also probably get mushy or a weird texture.

mfb

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 5:57 pm
Meatballs
Beef and broccoli

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 6:39 pm
Quote:
Our favorite go to is chicken and rice with taco seasoning.

How do you do that?

essie14

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 1:47 am
1. Put cut up chicken pieces in crockpot. (I use about 2-3 lbs for this recipe or double the sauce for more)
2. Make this sauce and pour over the chicken.

1/2 C honey
1/2 C Soy sauce
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 black pepper

3. Cook on low for 7-8 hrs

4. Serve with 5 min Couscous. (Make separately)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics