Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Humor
1  2  Next

GLUE

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 9:45 pm
Raising a teen boy is:

-Knowing you are going to sleep with food in the fridge and nothing in it when you wake up.

-When he tells you he made a sandwich for a snack, what he really means is that the roast you made for everyone for supper fits really nicely between two slices of bread.

GLUE

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 9:50 pm
My daughter said she is never speaking to me again.

I keep getting texts from some unknown number that wants to know when I am picking her up, and can she have $20?

GLUE

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 9:54 pm
My son tells me he is now 18 and does not need me anymore
So why is he calling me to say he has no lunch?

----------------------------------------------
Someone sent me a bunch of these I can see if I can find more if anyone is interested

cheese cake

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 9:54 pm
LOL keep em coming

mommyla

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 9:57 pm
Why did the teenager cross the road?
Because his mother told him not to.

up high

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 10:06 pm
My 4 year old son got upset at me yesterday for something he asked for and I responded : Not now. He said angrily: "Whenever.you're.going.to.ask.me.to.do.something, I'm NOT GONNA LISTEN TO YOU!"
I told him, I understand youre upset, but there's a way to say things nicely.

So, with a sweet innocent smile, he looks me in the eye and says in a friendly soft tone: "Mommy, the next time you will ask me to do something, I will say No๐Ÿ˜Š"

GLUE

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 10:13 pm
My daughter called to tell me she can't start the car because the engine is flooded.
I asked her how she knows that, and that is how I learned the car is in a lake.

GLUE

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 10:15 pm
My husband and I are not afraid of our daughter

We just rock, scissor, paper, to see who has to wake her up in the morning.

theoneandonly

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 10:20 pm
mommyla wrote:
Why did the teenager cross the road?
Because his mother told him not to.

Or because his friend dared him to Laugh

srbmom

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 10:21 pm
Quote:

I keep getting texts from some unknown number that wants to know when I am picking her up, and can she have $20?

Seriously the story of my life Can't Believe It

GLUE

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 10:33 pm
Raising teens is like nailing jell-o to a tree.

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 11:34 pm
GLUE wrote:

My mother had a parenting book called "Get Out of My Life, but First Could You Drive Me & Cheryl to the Mall?"

seeker

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 2:02 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
My mother had a parenting book called "Get Out of My Life, but First Could You Drive Me & Cheryl to the Mall?"

Still a classic. I haven't read the whole thing but I keep it around because the title is so perfectly validating. And what I did read was still relevant but I feel like they need a whole new section on the social media age. My kids are bh not on social media (yet) but most are, and I think the effects trickle out to the world even if you're not personally involved.

But sorry, this was about humor, the title is definitely humorous and I have nothing else to add because I'm not seeing much humor in this stage at the moment.

a2z

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 2:40 am
https://www.amazon.com/Life-Fi.....28535

They did update it and added a chapter on internet- see back cover.

seeker

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 2:47 am
I guess my copy is really old. Still, this says 2002 and the world has been evolving very speedily since then. I remember 2002. Blogs were just getting started (not even sure if blogger/blogspot was around in 02. Maybe more like 05? Certainly wasn't popularly known before that.) Myspace was a thing and not many people were on it. No Facebook, let alone tiktok or Instagram. Google was a search engine. It searched.

There were concerns about people chatting with predators on AOL instant messaging. Not sure how common that was or wasn't. But it's a whole new world now.

I still think fundamentally the original is still relevant.

GLUE

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 10:32 am
I predict the stick will come back(in a car)

Every teenager will want to drive a car that their parents will not know how to drive

flowerpower

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 10:44 am
I love them! Keep em coming๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜….

NechaMom

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 10:46 am
Keep them coming! Very Happy

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 11:19 am
When your teen says to you can you be quiet so I can leave a voice note to my friend.
Or
Why on earth do you care if I go to school in the morning or if I choose to spend the day in bed? It has nothing fo do with you.

Really now

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 12:09 pm
Omg, when my daughter has to do her own hair in the morning... we all suffer. She will barter for a quick blow out from me. She packs snacks, lunches, opens first floor window shades, helps get her bros up and preps a to go coffee for me, all for the small price of an 8 minute hair dryer session. But cv, if I can't do it one morning, I can literally see her stomping around and breathing fire at everyone. She's 16, for the record. Lord save us from teens!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children