Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Question for babysitters

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:38 pm
If you have a heavier baby do you hold them less?

My baby is a kah super cute roly poly and I'm worried he won't get held 😟

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:40 pm
No, they are held the same. Maybe more when sitting down. But size doesn't matter when a baby cries or just wants to be held

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:31 pm
Babies that are in a group setting, don't get held much regardless....

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:59 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
Babies that are in a group setting, don't get help much regardless....

Hi, are you a babysitter?
Or just a mom here to make a hormonal postpartum mother feel even more sad and desperate about needing to send her baby to a babysitter when that's the last thing she wants to do?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
Or just a mom here to make a hormonal postpartum mother feel even more sad and desperate about needing to send her baby to a babysitter when that's the last thing she wants to do?

It’s the truth. Babysitters don’t really hold the babies. They feed them change them rock them to sleep and give them toys. They hold when feeding the baby. Think about it- I get tired after holding my baby for 20-30 min. If a babysitter has to hold 4 babies… ouch!!

Your baby will got lots of physical contact from you in the morning and evening and will be just fine

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:02 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
It’s the truth. Babysitters don’t really hold the babies. They feed them change them rock them to sleep and give them toys.

No its not the truth. Don't make her feel this whole guilt. maybe if you send to a babysitting group with 12 babies to one sitter. I send my baby to a much smaller ratio and I know for fact that my baby is definitely held at random, when they just want to be held.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:03 pm
amother OP wrote:

Just to reassure you op I sent a bunch of kids to babysitters and whenever I dropped off or picked up the babysitter was always holding a baby. Some moms here love to lay on the guilt...

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:03 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
No its not the truth. Don't make her feel this whole guilt. maybe if you send to a babysitting group with 12 babies to one sitter. I send my baby to a much smaller ratio and I know for fact that my baby is definitely held at random, when they just want to be held.

For sure if the baby cries

But if the baby is happy it’s not like a mom that holds her baby just because

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:04 pm
amother OP wrote:

It's not meant to make you sad. It's just the truth. If the baby is in a group setting, they don't get held much. It's not physically possible for the sitter to do that. This doesn't mean that they're not taken care of & are left to cry. If holding the baby a lot is a priority for you, you need to hire a private babysitter.

amother
Freesia

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:05 pm
I think most are holding them sitting down so doesn’t make a difference. Most likely sit on the floor and have babies around them and then will pull different ones on to their lap.

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:06 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
Just to reassure you op I sent a bunch of kids to babysitters and whenever I dropped off or picked up the babysitter was always holding a baby. Some moms here love to lay on the guilt...

Oh my, this has nothing to do with guilt! It's not my intention at all! OP just needs to be realistic with her expectations. That's all.
Baby not being held alot, doesn't mean that they're not being taken care of.

scintilla

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:08 pm
No, the baby's weight won't affect how much the baby is held. A good babysitter will hold the baby and take care of them no matter their weight. Also think about it - some babies are close to a year old or even over at a babysitter, if you're sending a newborn or close to it then they definitely weigh less than that. And the babysitter for sure takes care of the 1 year old and you don't doubt that.

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:10 pm
amother Freesia wrote:
I think most are holding them sitting down so doesn’t make a difference. Most likely sit on the floor and have babies around them and then will pull different ones on to their lap.

I agree with this
I babysit and I hold the babies on my lap. Makes no difference their weight

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:18 pm
It really depends on the babysitter. Some women are very very special women and are very hands-on with the babies they care for. Some are eh mediocre.

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:25 pm
I can't say I hold my own babies much when they aren't crying/ being fed. As long as they're happy, I try to keep them on their stomach and stay right nearby. I tire very easily.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics