Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
(Precious but) Very Stubborn 9 Month Old
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 9:48 am
Tips please!!

My children are very very smart from when they are tiny; they're born with alert eyes, looking around, dont want to sleep like newborns as if they want to see the world (in fact, they hardly sleep)...
They talk basic words and make animal sounds at 8 months. Along with this personality, they end up being extremely demanding, they want to be held all the time, not allowing me to put them down for even a half a minute....... extremely attached.
I need to cook supper, wash toilets, sweep floors etc with them in my hands...
To help myself, I added an extra day cleaning help when I have that age baby so I am avaialbel to hold my baby...

But.... any ideas? the baby that cries non-stop until taken out of the crib?? until picked up from the floor?? The baby that if she plays on the floor for 5 minutes, mom runs to check if shes ok!! What do we do with her?

Thanks!

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 9:50 am
Wow I could've wrote this word by word!
My husband is always telling me to just put the baby down and let him cry but he doesn't get it. It's impossible to get anything done.
Here for any tips!

tichellady

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 9:50 am
My kids are like this too. I need to hire people to hold them so I don’t lose my mind. I also baby wear a lot

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 9:51 am
amother Puce wrote:
Wow I could've wrote this word by word!
My husband is always telling me to just put the baby down and let him cry but he doesn't get it. It's impossible to get anything done.
Here for any tips!

Hub says let her cry it out, she will learn!! Mom disagrees Smile

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 9:51 am
Could you try playing on the floor with them. And slowly teaching them to play? If they're smart they might go for this.

For example: day one - spend an hour on the floor playing animals with them. Teach them to pick up each animal and make the sound.
Day two- do the same thing but this time take small breaks. Standing up talking to them the whole time.
Day three play the game again, but this time you're standing and talking while they're on the floor.
Etc. You're teaching them to play independently.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 9:53 am
good idea... I like the flow.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 9:58 am
Wear them in a carrier

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 10:00 am
amother Azure wrote:
Wear them in a carrier

till what age...?
also looking for night time ideas, she can cry for hours, even after being fed.. until I take her into my bed Wink

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 10:06 am
Wow, I feel so seen! This is my kids to a T. I have 4, my youngest 9mo. She has basic words, like mama, Tata, shakes her head yes and no, tries to say siblings names,etc very early on. So clingy, won't sleep Ling, has been holding her head up on her own since birth. Very alert.
All 4 of my kids were like that.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 10:08 am
amother Tan wrote:
Wow, I feel so seen! This is my kids to a T. I have 4, my youngest 9mo. She has basic words, like mama, Tata, shakes her head yes and no, tries to say siblings names,etc very early on. So clingy, won't sleep Ling, has been holding her head up on her own since birth. Very alert.
All 4 of my kids were like that.

omg, are you me??

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 10:57 am
My baby is like this too!
Best thing I can do is keep her on my counter while I cook dinner, wash dishes.
She sits on my bed while I fold laundry. Basically shes my helper, always doing what I am.

mom923

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 11:18 am
amother Periwinkle wrote:
My baby is like this too!
Best thing I can do is keep her on my counter while I cook dinner, wash dishes.
She sits on my bed while I fold laundry. Basically shes my helper, always doing what I am.

My baby is clingy too. Much younger. Only 6 months. But trying to start this young. Had to make dinner and she wanted to be held. Sat her on the counter and let her play with spice bottles while I made the veggies. Was happy to sit next to me and I got more done than I would’ve otherwise.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 11:39 am
mom923 wrote:
My baby is clingy too. Much younger. Only 6 months. But trying to start this young. Had to make dinner and she wanted to be held. Sat her on the counter and let her play with spice bottles while I made the veggies. Was happy to sit next to me and I got more done than I would’ve otherwise.

Oh, they really start young!
My baby is actually 13 months old now, lol and still wants to do whatever Im doing, and must be near me all the time.
If I run upstairs to get something for a min she stands by the steps screaming..

amother
Carnation

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 11:42 am
I know too late. But advice for your next baby. Put The Baby Down from day 1!!! Don’t get them used to always being held/always feeling the heat of your body…!

devo1982

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 11:48 am
Babywearing for the win! You can wear them through upper toddlerhood/preschool age if the carrier is sized appropriately!

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 12:23 pm
Is your baby physically uncomfortable on the floor? I’m a few months behind you here, with a baby who hated tummy time, toys, swings… a baby carrier helps, but I also did daily massage for a while to help relax muscles. Now we are ok with tummy time, toys, swings, but the baby always prefers personal attention. I always start with a lot of interaction, then put him down to play. If he complains, I join him for a while and see if he’ll go back to playing on his own. If it doesn’t work, I pick him up and try again later. I don’t need the carrier on a daily basis anymore.

Other tricks: a toilet gel stamp works pretty well to keep your toilet bowl clean. I have a robot vacuum/mop that I can run in the evenings, keeps things pretty presentable. At nine months, wear your baby on your back, you’ll be able to do more things like washing dishes, chopping veggies, etc. If you have older kids, assign tasks that are age appropriate to help- they can do their own laundry at seven, really. Sit the baby in a high chair while you clean around him, so you can interact without holding. And remember that this phase will pass.

amother
Outerspace

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 12:32 pm
High needs babies have wired, hyper-aroused nervous systems.

I would look at reflex integration, homeopathy, craniosacral therapy, and oral/airway work to see if you can tame her nervous system.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 12:33 pm
To contradict a previous poster who said, "I know too late. But advice for your next baby. Put The Baby Down from day 1!!! Don’t get them used to always being held/always feeling the heat of your body…!"

I say hold your baby more. Sleep with her in your bed whenever she demands that. Babies naturally grow more independent at a year old, but they should be held a lot before that if they need it.

The poster who suggested sitting on the floor and playing with your baby for an hour and then starting to take breaks had great advice. It really helps. Once you show the baby you are focusing on her and playing with her, she's more likely to let you leave her for a few seconds/minutes at a time.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:24 pm
any ideas for the night ahead? to stop the hour/s of crying?

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
any ideas for the night ahead? to stop the hour/s of crying?

Will he cosleep with you?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics