Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Please help me dress for my new body type

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 7:32 am
I am well over a year postpartum and my new body seems to be here to stay until I diet and exercise enough to get it off. I’m too tempted by the cakes I got on Purim and the matzah and potatoes coming up on peach to start a diet now.

I’m 5”2, 132 pounds. Huge butt, seriously huge, and very big breasts. I’m not sure what size, need to go buy a new bra but I’m delaying because I want to try losing weight first, but my DD bras are small on me. I also have a small tummy.

I really want to wear one of those cute denim maxi skirts this summer, they’re so easy to put on with a tshirt but all the denim skirts I’ve tried on show how oversized my butt is, and I imagine tshirts will do the same to my breasts unless I wear a large while will be so baggy.

What to do? I don’t know what will be flattering.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 7:36 am
I have the exact same figure as you. I’m 5”2 , Huge butt, DD bra that I desperately need a new one, small tummy sticking out.
Following because I need an entire new wardrobe, NOTHING in my closet fits. I was 110 lbs before I gained all this weight. Now I’m probably 135.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 7:38 am
I have a huge butt and honestly I have not found denim skirts to be very flattering for big butts.

I wear soft cotton knee length a-line skirts and tshirts and find those to be most flattering.

I don’t go with what is in style just what fits my body. I have big hips also. It’s really hard for me to find truly flattering clothing.

I try to hide/downplay my big butt though. If you are ok with it (and some people totally are, it’s all personal preference) then you’ll have more options.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 7:41 am
I also just want to add kudos to you for wanting to find clothing that will fit your current body type vs trying to go on some unrealistic extreme diet to get back into the things you own now. I like how you wrote you’re too tempted by the good foods that will be around now. That’s a more realistic and honestly refreshing comment to read!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 1:35 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
I have a huge butt and honestly I have not found denim skirts to be very flattering for big butts.

I wear soft cotton knee length a-line skirts and tshirts and find those to be most flattering.

I don’t go with what is in style just what fits my body. I have big hips also. It’s really hard for me to find truly flattering clothing.

I try to hide/downplay my big butt though. If you are ok with it (and some people totally are, it’s all personal preference) then you’ll have more options.

Thanks for sharing what works! I definitely want to downplay my big butt as much as possible. I think I’m going to have to do this too. I love the denim maxi skirt look, hopefully I’ll fit into it again someday.

Do you have a link to the type of Aline cotton skirt you’ve found to work well?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 1:35 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
I also just want to add kudos to you for wanting to find clothing that will fit your current body type vs trying to go on some unrealistic extreme diet to get back into the things you own now. I like how you wrote you’re too tempted by the good foods that will be around now. That’s a more realistic and honestly refreshing comment to read!

Thank you!! I appreciate your post. I was feeling dumb about giving in to wanting to enjoy Purim and pesach.

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 1:52 pm
Same body type here. Flary skirts and t shirts are the best way to go. Go up a size for skirts - like a medium or large. Also get cute dresses that go in at the waist! Shein has so many for cheap. Also I would suggest buying at least one new bra. Makes such a big difference!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 2:16 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
Same body type here. Flary skirts and t shirts are the best way to go. Go up a size for skirts - like a medium or large. Also get cute dresses that go in at the waist! Shein has so many for cheap. Also I would suggest buying at least one new bra. Makes such a big difference!

Thanks, good advice! I’d appreciate any links to clothes you’ve found are good.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 2:23 pm
I find the orly skirts look really good on people with bigger butts. They are very flattering and worth the money

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 2:28 pm
https://m.shein.com/us/Ditsy-F.....o=3-4

I got tons of these. There are some that are long sleeves if these are too short for you.

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 2:33 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
https://m.shein.com/us/Ditsy-Floral-Ruffle-Hem-Dress-p-2825619.html?mallCode=1&imgRatio=3-4

I got tons of these. There are some that are long sleeves if these are too short for you.

https://m.shein.com/us/SHEIN-L.....o=3-4

Here’s a long sleeve one. So cute with sneakers and a denim jacket for weekday.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics