Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kashrus Alert!!! Replacements.com
Previous  1  2  3

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 8:10 am
Or likes to put her plant pots on pretty plates so they are more decorative?

tovarena

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 9:24 am
mumsy23 wrote:
tovarena wrote:

That definitely may be part of it.

Its a definite maybe? LOL

Rolling Laughter Hmmm...maybe I should waffle on my answer a little more next time. Wink

mumsy23 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that batel be rov applies to this case.. I think I remember learning about it sem. The exact example was if you treiffed a fork and it accidentally got mixed in with your other cutlery and you had no way of knowing which was the treif one- I'm pretty sure Rabbi Bulman said that in that case you do not have to do anything.

Ding! Ding! Ding! It was a bottom line botel b'rov. But it goes beyond that. He said that if I had bought one piece at a time, each piece has its own chashivos that could override the botel (though he hadn't asked about that in advance and I had never ordered just a single piece of anything - I ordered maybe twice - each time a few items). But since each one appeared new, they did not carry a taam of treifus so that overrides the chashivos. So then it falls back on the botel b'rov. Apparently, there's more complexity to it than that, but that's the way it was explained to me via DH. I find the thought process in this almost as enjoyable as getting the final answer of muttar.

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 10:29 am
Emee wrote:
Maybe she breaks them up and uses them for mosaics or some other craft project.
I didn't judge, only wondered.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen