Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
McCAIN PICKS SARAH PALIN AS RUNNING MATE
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 10:26 am
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA HAS LESS EXPERIENCE THAN SARAH PALIN!!!!!!!!!!

Clarissa

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 10:30 am
If you're going to repeatedly include Obama's middle name to spread the lie that he's a Muslim, please be considerate and include everybody's middle name -- McCain, Palin, Biden, Hillary, etc.

It's like reading those silly emails that went around.

Tzippora

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 10:34 am
Alaska may be next to these other countries, but any official interaction with them takes place on the Federal level and through the State Department - so no dice on the international experience.

She won't win many Hillary supporters once they figure out that she is so pro-life. Remember, there will be Supreme Court justices to nominate this term and that is one issue that Hillary supporters actually care about.

I believe you mean executive experience, not legislative. In which case, you're right... But it still doesn't mean all that much.

Frankly, while I'm a Republican sympathizer in many ways, and loved McCain in 2000, the fact that he has sold out to party orthodoxy in this way just reinforces why I won't be voting for him.

This recent interview just highlights what I'm talking about with regards to the changing McCain:
http://www.time.com/time/polit......html

The abuses of executive power in the last 8 years also make the VP a much more powerful position than it used to be, and McCain doesn't seem interested in changing that. So, given that, I wouldn't give all that power to Sarah Palin - especially since she'll get it the day she's sworn in.

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 10:34 am
Being a muslim goes through the father. So, a child with a muslim father is a muslim, unless he publicly becomes an "infidel" in muslim terms.........

Tzippora

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 10:37 am
Oooooh, this is classic! Apparently Sarah Palin has already moved the poll numbers!

http://andrewsullivan.theatlan......html

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 10:40 am
Okay,

John Sidney McCain
Sarah Louise Heath Palin
vs

Barack Hussein Obama
Joseph Robinette Biden

Or would you prefer McCain vs Hussein?

sorry, my computer conked out on me, meant to come back and edit this:

Sometimes I get the feeling that those who are pro Obama are always thrilled when his middle name is mentioned because then they can scream about it and bring up prejuidice.

Last edited by HindaRochel on Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

ora_43

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:12 am
Chocoholic wrote:
Being a muslim goes through the father. So, a child with a muslim father is a muslim, unless he publicly becomes an "infidel" in muslim terms.........

So every Jewish child with an Arab Muslim father is Muslim, even if they live with their mother and are shomer mitzvot? Come on. A child with a Muslim father is seen by Muslims as Muslim (so are you and I, btw--Muslims believe all people are actually Muslim, hence the term "revert" to Islam as opposed to convert), but he is not a Muslim unless he believes in and/or practices Islam.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that attending church for decades and repeatedly referring to oneself as Christian and not Muslim qualifies as publicly becoming an infidel in Muslim terms.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:15 am
I suppose a child with a Jewish mother living with his Muslim father, practicing Islam, would still be seen as Jewish, because that's how it works for us.
Well it's the same for them... except through the father.

Tzippora

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:21 am
But it's not important how THEY see him. What's important is how he sees himself, which is clearly as a Christian.

By way of analogy, I'm sure there are still people out there that think that as a Jew, I drink the blood of Christian babies every Passover. But that's irrelevant, because I don't, so my actions will not reflect their biases or beliefs about me.

Obama sees himself as a Christian, and will act as such. He's as likely to act as a Muslim as I am to respond to a blood libel by drinking blood on Pesach.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:23 am
Tzippora wrote:

Obama sees himself as a Christian, and will act as such. He's as likely to act as a Muslim as I am to respond to a blood libel by drinking blood on Pesach.

If one day you wanted to uncover or explore your origins or whatever, it wouldn't lead you to drink blood, just to practice your family's customs. It could lead him to become closer or have sympathy for Islam.

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:24 am
Exactly Rochel.
And many Muslims consider everyone Muslim, but we have been misled by our parents.
The difference is that as "misled" people we are not apostates; but once a Muslim always a Muslim and as he converted deliberately, he some Muslims would seem him as deserving of death.
OTHERS seem to think he is lying about being a Muslim (al taqiya) so that he can get elected.

marina

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:24 am
Clarissa, do you know where I can get a bumper sticker or a yard sign? I have been looking for them for about a week now, to counteract the impurity of all the McCain signs in my neighborhood.

Tzippora

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:27 am
He has explored his roots - what he came out with was not Islam, as his father was only nominally Muslim, but more of a visit to Kenya and interest in long-lost family.

Radical Muslims see many Americans (and certainly most of us) as deserving of death... why is this any different? I'm positive that they are just as unhappy with Bush and would be just as happy to have a shot at him.

To those who think Obama is a secret Muslim... it's been disproven many times and is simply a hate smear. I won't bother responding.

ora_43

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:27 am
Ruchel wrote:
I suppose a child with a Jewish mother living with his Muslim father, practicing Islam, would still be seen as Jewish, because that's how it works for us.
Well it's the same for them... except through the father.

Exactly. It's the same for them. But just as the fact that Muslims think you're actually Muslim doesn't make you any more likely to "revert" to Islam, the fact that they consider Obama a Muslim doesn't make him any more likely to start praying towards Mecca than any other Christian.

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:29 am
I doubt that he is considering changing religions anytime soon, it is how others see him, but not something that anyone but Obama needs to worry about (and his security detail).

chavamom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:36 am
Chocoholic wrote:
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA HAS LESS EXPERIENCE THAN SARAH PALIN!!!!!!!!!!

How the heck do you figure that? She was a mayor of a town of less than 10,000 and has been gov. for 18 mos. Obama was an IL state senator since the 90's and US Senator for almost 4 years (yes, it will be 4 years in 2 mos). You can say a lot of things about Obama, but that Palin has more experience? I'd like some of what you are smoking.

chavamom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:37 am
Chocoholic wrote:

Yeah, well being a public X-ian makes you an infidel in their book..... and like I care about Muslim "halacha" Rolling Eyes

chavamom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:38 am
HindaRochel wrote:

Sometimes I get the feeling that those who are pro Obama are always thrilled when his middle name is mentioned because then they can scream about it and bring up prejuidice.

So why bring it up? Honestly, is there another candidate they do that for? And no, Rodham is NOT her middle name......

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:45 am
Tzippora wrote:

To those who think Obama is a secret Muslim... it's been disproven many times and is simply a hate smear. I won't bother responding.

The issue is in the word. Secret Muslim. That means that is not public, and no one really knows, so it can not be proven positive or negative...

Tzippora

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:46 am
You can't prove a negative. Basic rule of logic. I can't prove to you that there are no pink elephants.

So we will just say that any evidence brought to prove that he is has been shown to be inaccurate and misleading.

Last edited by Tzippora on Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics