Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
McCAIN PICKS SARAH PALIN AS RUNNING MATE
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 11:47 am
Yes.

But, as a Jew, and given he won't be President of a small lost island but of AMERICA, I would rather not take the risk of a MUSLIM there!!!

If that makes me racist, paranoid... maybe I have my reasons with their behaviour in Israel, with Jews around the world, but also with just non Muslims in every single country they set foot and slowly gain power by number.

chavamom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 12:10 pm
I think anyone who believes that someone who spent a few years as a child in a Islamic country b/c of his Muslim step-father before being sent to the middle of Kansas to be raised by his small-town grandparents and has been an openly practicing X-ian for well over 20 years (before he got into politics) is a SECRET Muslim .....well, they deserve the president that conspiracy theorists and other loonies would elect (Pat Buchanan anyone?) But *I* certainly don't!

Kinneret

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 12:20 pm
HindaRochel wrote:

The biggest criticism I have heard of her so far: She hasn't much experience (um, Obama has? Do you know what he did to Chicago?) She is has more leadership credentials than Obama.

What is it you think he did in Chicago that was so terrible? He was not a part of the Daley machine; he worked with people on both sides of the aisle; he was civil, ethical and honest in his dealings. Not wanting to vote for the man is one thing, but this constant refrain of "he's a secret Muslim" or "he's a dishonest Chicago politician" is just plain ridiculous. He's not a Muslim, and his so-called "Muslim father" was an atheist, whom Obama hardly even knew. Anyone who thinks he's part of the Chicago machine simply knows nothing about his career in Chicago. The Daley machine supported his opponents because they couldn't put Obama in their pockets.

I do not understand why anyone seeks to demonize any politician with whom they disagree.

grin

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 12:33 pm
he is a neighborhood congressman - what kind of a career does he have?

gryp

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 12:37 pm
I don't think he's a secret Musilm, I think that the chance his sympathies lie with the Muslim world out there is a risk we can't take.

I think that McCain has solidified his ticket as mediocre. His strong point against Obama was his experience and instead of strengthening that, he undermined it. No one wants to vote for mediocre. People want exciting and inspiring and a show of strength/confidence.

Now I'm really in a dilemma. I don't want to vote for a loser but I don't want to not vote at all.

bonitag1

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 12:47 pm
Just for the record, he's not a neighborhood congressman, he's a U.S. Senator from the state of Illinois.

fish123

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 12:47 pm
Who cares what religion he is?!?!?

Even if he theoretically was a Muslim it doesn't mean that he would support terror and fundamentalism!

Just because I'm Jewish it doesn't mean I support the Neturai Karta!

Seraph

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 12:49 pm
fish123 wrote:
Who cares what religion he is?!?!?

Even if he theoretically was a Muslim it doesn't mean that he would support terror and fundamentalism!

Just because I'm Jewish it doesn't mean I support the Neturai Karta!
the difference between your two analogies is as such: Most Jews condemn neturei karta. Most Muslims condone the terrorism.

fish123

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 12:55 pm
Do ALL Jews condemn Neturei Karta? No

Do ALL Muslims condone terror? NO. Not a single Muslim I know condones terror. Why would you assume that an American educated man who is running for president would condone terror? Does anyone else think thats preposterous??

Seraph

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 12:59 pm
fish123 wrote:
Do ALL Jews condemn Neturei Karta? No

Do ALL Muslims condone terror? NO. Not a single Muslim I know condones terror. Why would you assume that an American educated man who is running for president would condone terror? Does anyone else think thats preposterous??

Ok, let me clarify what I mean.
Only neturei karta supports neturei karta. No one else does. Not even satmer who has the most similar outlook in regards to israel.

The koran repeatedly states that you should go out and murder the infidels that wont accept allah and muhamed. If absolutely neccesary I can dig up for you exact quotes... The difference between terrorist muslims and moderate muslims is the degree to which they beleive you should force everyone to become muslims, not whether you should, just how. Islam was started by murdering everyone who would not accept Allah. Do you know the history of islam, I'm just curious? (I'm not saying you don't, I'm just curious.) The "moderate" muslims are a new invention and by far a minority...

But lets take this to a new thread.

ora_43

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 4:20 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Yes.

But, as a Jew, and given he won't be President of a small lost island but of AMERICA, I would rather not take the risk of a MUSLIM there!!!

Other things at risk:
1) America's standing in the world. If America continues to isolate itself, and if the economy continues to tank, America won't be in a position to do much on the international scene.
2) The balance of power in the middle east. As an Israeli, I'd rather see America stop blundering around Iraq like the proverbial bull in a china shop (WADR to the soldiers there who are doing amazing things, the government has turned the whole thing into a disaster IMO). It's already been horribly disrupted, leading, possibly cv"s to Iranian nukes--and things could get worse.
3) America's economy, which I've already mentioned, but it bears repeating, b/c a drop in the US economy would be bad for most of us here along with tens if not hundreds of millions of others.

There's more, but those are the most important things for those of us living outside the states, IMO. The tiny, tiny risk that Barack Obama sympathizes with Muslims or could himself become Muslim (which is probably not any bigger than the risk of McCain doing the same) is nothing compared to the huge risk of continuing the current downwards trend in the states and continuing the Iraq war. Or the risk of failing to wean America from Arab oil. I'd rather see a Muslim sympathizer who invests in energy-efficient transportation and revitalizes the American economy than an Israel-lover who does the opposite.

Although even if Obama does identify with his Muslim father I think that'd be good for Israel and the Jews (not that we're the only ones who have a stake in this). After all, both secular Muslims like Obama's father and Jews and Christians are at risk from extremist Muslims. We have a common enemy in terrorism. Just look who suffers most from groups like Hamas, Hizbullah, and the Mahdi army--the majority of their victims are Muslim.

Secbeb

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 5:38 pm
chavamom wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA HAS LESS EXPERIENCE THAN SARAH PALIN!!!!!!!!!!

How the heck do you figure that? She was a mayor of a town of less than 10,000 and has been gov. for 18 mos. Obama was an IL state senator since the 90's and US Senator for almost 4 years (yes, it will be 4 years in 2 mos). You can say a lot of things about Obama, but that Palin has more experience? I'd like some of what you are smoking.

I think that Sarah Palin has had more experience in the executive position, being a governor, while Obama has been a senator, in the legislative position.
When asked how Palin's experience as a mayor and Governor of little populated Alaska could outweigh Obama and Biden's, Rudy Giuliani pointed out;
"Sure. You know why?" said Giuliani. "She had to make decisions. All Sen. Obama has had to do is talk. That's all he does."
"I mean I think that she already has more executive experience than Sen. Obama and Sen. Biden combined."
“she's vetoed legislation, she's taken on corruption, and in her party, and won. She took on the oil companies and won. She administered a budget successfully.”

Obama “is the least experienced candidate for president in the last 100 years."

“I mean, he's never run a city, he's never run a state, he's never run a business, he's never administered a payroll, he's never led people in crisis,” Giuliani said.

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 1:00 am
oh and to quell a rumor before it starts here;
Computer
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics