Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Your easy chicken recipes please?
1  2  3  Next

Yamama

Post Sat, Aug 30 2008, 7:12 pm
I live where I can't buy all kinds of kosher products. I make chicken for our shul every week. It's often roasted with spices or grilled with lemon juice. I'm looking for other fairly easy and tasty recipes that don't use things like sauces, that I can't buy here. (I can get soy sauce.) I'm talking about using cut up chicken -- not whole, and not breasts or wings or nuggets. Maybe a nice sauce to pour over, spice mixture, or marinade? Thanks!

Aidelmom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:33 am
1. mix ketchup brown sugar and garlic powder.

2. thyme parsley black pepper red wine (see Quick and Kosher)

3.chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder (roast uncovered)

tomato sauce mushrooms oregano garlic powder (bake covered) (if don't have tomato sauce use tomato paste and water and add extra spices?)

Yamama

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 6:35 am
Thank you! More anyone?

Raisin

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 8:03 am
40 clove garlic chicken. from kosher pallette.

for 2 chickens - sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, pepper, paprika (I think) and 40 unpeeled garlic cloves. bake for 1-2 hours uncovered, can't remember if it is 350 or 400.

when it is cooked, make a sauce by mixing some of the pan juices with the garlic (squeeze the cloves) pour over chicken, and scatter with rest of garlic.

(I sometimes skip the sauce step)

Zus

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 8:55 am
Mix 1/3 ketchup, 1/3 honey and 1/3 soy sauce.
It depends how much chicken you have how much sauce you should make. The idea is that you should put equal amounts of each ingredient for this sauce. The chicken should be covered in it completely.
You can marinade it the night before or make it right before it goes into the oven.

gemini90

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 3:57 pm
equal parts of ketchup and honey and then add some mustard to the mixture.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 4:04 pm
Equal parts honey and soy sauce. + crushed garlic cloves.

It's Yummmmm. My kids love it.

lovmyboys

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 4:16 pm
Boil a cup each of ketchup, hot water and brown sugar, plus a diced onion and minced garlic on the stove. Pour over chicken- then add sesame seeds.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 4:28 pm
slice an onion into the pan, and layer the chicken over it. ampty a can of coke and add onion soup mix. bake and eat.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 12:26 am
lovmyboys wrote:
Boil a cup each of ketchup, hot water and brown sugar, plus a diced onion and minced garlic on the stove. Pour over chicken- then add sesame seeds.

You don't even have to boil it. It comes out fine if you just mix it well.

lovmyboys

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 6:46 am
ChossidMom wrote:
lovmyboys wrote:

You don't even have to boil it. It comes out fine if you just mix it well.

I think boiling helps to thicken it, I guess it can work either way Free Smileys & Emoticons at Clipart of.com

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 7:16 am
Dump a large can of pineapples over the chicken. I ususally do it in the crock pot, but I've also done it in the oven @ 350 / 180. It's really good with rice because the gravy & pineapples goes nicely with rice.

smilethere

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 7:20 am
coat chicken in cornflake crumbs pour over equal amounts of orange juice and pineapple juice (I sometimes use the can)

mix 2 parts mayonaise to 1 part ketchup, spread over chicken, and cover with crumbs

both are delicious

Pineapple

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 9:33 am
RachelEve14 wrote:
Dump a large can of pineapples over the chicken. I ususally do it in the crock pot, but I've also done it in the oven @ 350 / 180. It's really good with rice because the gravy & pineapples goes nicely with rice.

Just pineapple? Nothing else over the chiken?

goodheart

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:14 am
apricot chicken
Equal amounts of mayo, onion soup mix,ketchup & apricot jam mix it all in a bowl and bake it
Duck sauce chicken
duck sauce just pour over chicken I usally put potato , onion & sweet potato on the bottom then the chicken and pour over duck sauce the longer u leave in the oven the better it is but leave on a low flame.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:17 am
Do the apricot jam recipes work with other flavors of jam?

goodheart

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 10:24 am
never tried it I only do apricot it comes out very good
I usally don't like apricot jam but on the chicken it taste diffrent.

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 11:50 am
Pineapple wrote:
RachelEve14 wrote:

Yeah, I just use a large can of pineapple (with the syrup). The pineapples get all little and shrivled and it really tastes *very* yummy for Friday night (it's too saucy to put onthe plata for Shabbot but sometimes I take the pieces out of hte sauce and just heat them up. It's really better with the juice though. It comes out *very* good in the crockpot, but if you leave it until Shabbot afternoon the chicken all falls apart / off the bone (but it is still yummy, just have rice or something to mix it with). For Friday night though it's our easy supper, just put the chicken in, dump the pineapple over, and enjoy after Kiddush Smile

goodheart

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 1:24 pm
RachelEve14 wrote:
Pineapple wrote:
RachelEve14 wrote:

Yeah, I just use a large can of pineapple (with the syrup). The pineapples get all little and shrivled and it really tastes *very* yummy for Friday night (it's too saucy to put onthe plata for Shabbot but sometimes I take the pieces out of hte sauce and just heat them up. It's really better with the juice though. It comes out *very* good in the crockpot, but if you leave it until Shabbot afternoon the chicken all falls apart / off the bone (but it is still yummy, just have rice or something to mix it with). For Friday night though it's our easy supper, just put the chicken in, dump the pineapple over, and enjoy after Kiddush Smile

how long do u bake it for?

a1mom

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 11:36 pm
Sautee chopped onion sprinkle over chicken mix together 1/2 c honey and 1/2 c ketchup - srizzle over chicken bake uncovered for 45 minutes then cover for remainder
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey