Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Your easy chicken recipes please?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

lednam

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 5:21 pm
honey mustard chicken is vary good- you just mix brown/white sugar with mustard and cover the chicken in it(you put as much as you want) and bake it uncoverd so it can get crispy on top- it is great.

YALT

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 5:49 pm
hey, imaleah,
thanks for starting this thread! alot of really easy recipes! I had to get this listed in my watched topics.

MOE

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 10:56 pm
hey why dont you just make a chicken tareyaki stir fry,,,,im hoping you can get sugar perferably brown sugar.....

in a sauce pot I would pour equal parts soy to brown sugar and start reducing to a syrupy consistancy you can add water or chicken stock as well to add volume.......

I would heat a frying pan or a wok if you can get it with some olive oil add the chicken pieces add salt and pepper to tatste sautee till light brown....add sauce to chicken in frying pan and cook on a low heat cover put inside the oven or on the stove maybe 10 minutes....you can add vege like pepers.....if you add some crushed garlic to soy and sugar I guess you have a honey galric sauce too anyhow good luck

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 10:58 pm
wine rosemary and baby red potatoes with a head of fresh garlic cloves ... Drunken Smile

mumsy23

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 11:13 pm
I make this for friends when they have a baby... its yum:

Mix Mayo and Ketchup to make Russian dressing. Add onion soup mix to taste. Spread over chicken and bake uncovered for 1.5 hours. Before serving, transfer pieces of chicken onto another pan or platter so the juice is left behind. Very moist and yummy.

RachelEve14

Post Fri, Sep 05 2008, 12:28 am
goodheart wrote:
RachelEve14 wrote:
Pineapple wrote:
RachelEve14 wrote:
Dump a large can of pineapples over the chicken. I ususally do it in the crock pot, but I've also done it in the oven @ 350 / 180. It's really good with rice because the gravy & pineapples goes nicely with rice.

Just pineapple? Nothing else over the chiken?

Yeah, I just use a large can of pineapple (with the syrup). The pineapples get all little and shrivled and it really tastes *very* yummy for Friday night (it's too saucy to put onthe plata for Shabbot but sometimes I take the pieces out of hte sauce and just heat them up. It's really better with the juice though. It comes out *very* good in the crockpot, but if you leave it until Shabbot afternoon the chicken all falls apart / off the bone (but it is still yummy, just have rice or something to mix it with). For Friday night though it's our easy supper, just put the chicken in, dump the pineapple over, and enjoy after Kiddush Smile

how long do u bake it for?

Sorry, just saw this now.

I bake it covered for an hour and uncovered for 1/2 hour (approximatly) in the oven at 350 / 180, or in the crock pot on high for about 2 hours, then low until Shabbot (about 6 hours or so) for Friday night.

mama-star

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 3:05 pm
what's really simple and yummy is to brush mayo onto a cut up chicken (I use one of those silicone brush thingies) and then put seasoned breadcrumbs on top of that. easy and yummy.

Tapuzi

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 4:22 pm
I do apricot jam and ketchup mixture, with some frsh crushed garlic or garlic powder. Is also good with orange marmalade instead of apricot and you can put a thin slice of orange on every peice to dress it up a bit. But DH's favorite is just a couple lemons squuezed over the chicken and then sprinkle it with crushed garlic, pepper, a little paprika and fresh thyme. That has become our "Shabbos Chicken."

4thebooks

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 11:25 am
Honey Chicken:

¾ cup honey

¼ cup soy sauce

¼ cup olive oil

1 T garlic powder

1 tsp black pepper

Mix above ingredients together and pour over chicken bottoms or cutlets. Bake on 375 for 1 hour or until ready.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 11:28 am
4thebooks wrote:
Honey Chicken:

¾ cup honey

¼ cup soy sauce

¼ cup olive oil

1 T garlic powder

1 tsp black pepper

Mix above ingredients together and pour over chicken bottoms or cutlets. Bake on 375 for 1 hour or until ready.

Yumm. Sounds like my kinda recipe. I already have planned this week's suppers. But I'll let you know how it comes out when I do make it.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 11:38 am
I put chicken in a pan and shmeer with oil, garic power, and paprika. I bake covered on 375 for two hours. It's soft, tasty, and easy.

cookielady

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 11:44 am
ChossidMom wrote:
Do the apricot jam recipes work with other flavors of jam?

I have used orange marmalade when I have not had apricot in the house. Also good.

sunshine!

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 11:46 am
I sometimes just mix sweet and sour duck sauce with onion soup mix, baste the chicken and cover. I bake 1 hour covered, 40 minutes uncovered at 350'. YUM!

msym

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 11:47 am
great recipes everyone! thanx!

Gefen

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 11:56 am
I like the quick receipe from short on time.

2 cups of duck sauce
1/2 pkg of Taco Seasoning

bake uncover 1 1/2 hours 350'

Real yummy and I'm not a chicken lover at all... but this got me eating it

NativeMom

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 12:01 pm
I got this idea from my MIL:
Take a cut up chicken, put garlic and paprika on top of all the pieces and place them on a greased broiling pan (or anything else you have) turn chicken pieces over and put paprika, garlic, salt, pepper on the bottoms.
Set the oven on broil and broil chicken on one side for 10-15 min or until it starts to brown (or blacken a little) then turn chicken over and broil again until it looks done. After its broiled you can always set the oven at 350 and let it bake if you think the chicken needs more time.
You can serve it with rice and a vegetable and or salad.

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 12:22 pm
Raisin wrote:
40 clove garlic chicken. from kosher pallette.

for 2 chickens - sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, pepper, paprika (I think) and 40 unpeeled garlic cloves. bake for 1-2 hours uncovered, can't remember if it is 350 or 400.

when it is cooked, make a sauce by mixing some of the pan juices with the garlic (squeeze the cloves) pour over chicken, and scatter with rest of garlic.

(I sometimes skip the sauce step)

We always skip the sauce step. Everyone loves eating those whole cloves of garlic!

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 12:24 pm
ChossidMom wrote:
Do the apricot jam recipes work with other flavors of jam?

I've done a recipe that called for apricot jelly with orange jelly. Tasted exactly the same!

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 12:26 pm
lednam wrote:
honey mustard chicken is vary good- you just mix brown/white sugar with mustard and cover the chicken in it(you put as much as you want) and bake it uncoverd so it can get crispy on top- it is great.

How is that honey mustard? Is it really supposed to be a mixture of honey and mustard?

Dini

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 1:10 pm
4thebooks wrote:
Honey Chicken:

¾ cup honey

¼ cup soy sauce

¼ cup olive oil

1 T garlic powder

1 tsp black pepper

I know this is an older thread but if you can answer me, do you bake it covered or uncovered?

Thank you!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey